Kinect only signs me in, not my girlfriend (I technically own both accounts)

I have two Xbox Live Gold accounts. One is mine, and I made another for my girlfriend. I now have an Xbox One and now she can't sign-in via Kinect because it thinks I own both accounts (which is technically true). How do I make it recognize her (and not me) on the secondary account? Also, my first name appears in relation to both accounts and I'm not sure why or how to change that?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hmmm, strange... usually when you download your profile to Xbox One for the first time the Kinect will take a picture of the user to "remember" them as the primary user.  Did you download her profile and let it take a picture of you instead?  If so you might want to delete the profile and re-download it so it can take a picture of her.  Also, you can change the account name at account.live.com for her account.  You can still pay for the account, just update the name to her name instead.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

If you didn't select the Kinect sign in option or it loaded improperly the first time, you can redo it by following the steps at this link

support.xbox.com/.../setup-kinect-sign-in

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.