Kinect not working for Chat?

So my Xbox One Kinect doesn't work for chat in most of my games, it work perfect on BF4, voice commands and even in group chat so I no it works, But It doesn't work on COD ghosts, KI or Titanfall. I just want to play my games (wireless), without putting my headset in. Whats the problem, how can I fix this, and is anybody else having this issue?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 23 Applies to:

Make sure that the setting is activated for this - go to Settings > Kinect and verify the 'use for game chat' box is ticked.

In privacy settings, also make sure that voice communication is set to 'Everyone' as that could also be the cause, if it works in party chat and for voice commands, but not in public game-chat.

Xbox Forums moderator. Xbox MVP. r/xboxinsiders moderator. Twitter: @13mxn

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey Homie! Unfortunately, even with this option enabled, it doesn't mean it will work in every game. The reason is because developers specifically have to program this option in when developing the game. For example, in CoD Ghosts, the Activision support team has confirmed that Kinect will only work in a party, not in regular MP chat, because "Ghosts was designed to require a dedicated microphone." In other words, a microphone which isn't multitasking between chat and voice commands.

The only games in which I have noticed Kinect working for chat are BF4 and N4S:Rivals. Unfortunately the only way to 100% guarantee your use of Kinect for chat is to join or start a party, which isn't always a convenient option. Sorry, man!

Sorry this didn't help.

I've tried everything, but i do no my kinect works, cause i play BF4 and it works on there fine. Just doesn't work for Ghosts, Titanfall or Killer Instinct. And I've seen people in both Titanfall and KI using their kinect for chat when playing with or against them. So how do others use their on the same games but I cant.

Sorry this didn't help.

Without knowing the exact situation, they are almost certainly in a party. If you are in a party, you can talk to each other with no issues because the chat goes through the Party App rather than through the game's programming.

Please read my post above, it explains why it works in some games and not others.

Sorry this didn't help.

I read ur post in i no it works in a party, that not the issue. I seen other using the kinect in the same  games I cant, that the issue. please read my post above.

Sorry this didn't help.

Dude, I'm saying the other people you've seen using Kinect were probably in a party. I understand your issue perfectly, so there's no call to get snippy. I'm just trying to help based on what I've learned and have experienced. We're all friends here.

What I'm telling you is, I can say with 100% certainty that Kinect DOES NOT work in Ghosts, and this has been confirmed by the developers, so if you've seen people using Kinect in Ghosts, them being in a party is the only possible answer. If you're going based on what friends have told you, they are either mistaken, or they're having a little fun with you.

It may not be the desired answer, or one that confirms assumptions we all made back when the system features were first announced, but the reality is, while Kinect is "designed" to work for in game chat, not every game is programmed to use that feature. If you're certain you've heard people using Kinect in a game and you're not able to duplicate it, chances are they were in a party.

If you confirm with a developer that Kinect is supposed to work for out-of-party chat in their game (because they'll really be the only ones who can know for certain) then your next step is going to be checking your port forwarding. It's possible a port on your router is closed which certain games may use for voice communications.

Sorry this didn't help.

Wasn't gettin snippy or whatever.  but I get Wat urn sayin, but if people our using  kinect while n a party on certain games how can I hear them n talk back n forth with them? Do they jus switch from party chat to game chat but still n the party or somethin? But I'll try it in the morning to see if that's the case.

Sorry this didn't help.

Okay, no worries, man. I think that the being in a party and chatting outside the party like you said, might be the case, but I can't say for certain, because I've not run into that myself. Really weird!

Sorry this didn't help.