Kinect: MS to "serve hardcore" at E3

[quote]At least 10 non-sequel Kinect games will be announced at trade show E3 next month, Eurogamer can reveal.

One source told us these games "won't be obvious". Another source said Microsoft is expected to "serve the hardcore" at E3 with its Kinect announcements[/quote]

I'm glad there's some new Kinect games on the way, mine has been a little neglected compared to the use it got a couple of months back with the arrival of some quality games (MK sits pretty at the top) and a PS3.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Forgot link : Clicky

As much as I dislike the term "hardcore" I don't see how hardcore can be compatible with Kinect. It is imprecise and laggy which is the complete opposite of what is required for hardcore games. At best they will probably be hybrid games with stuff like headtracking which all seems rather pointless to me. I do not want to shell out yet more money for an overpriced peripheral, instead I want more games for my ordinary controller that is what I brought the Xbox for after all.

[quote user="mattacular117"] At best they will probably be hybrid games with stuff like headtracking which all seems rather pointless to me. I do not want to shell out yet more money for an overpriced peripheral, instead I want more games for my ordinary controller that is what I brought the Xbox for after all.

[/quote]

See, this is where I disagree strongly because I think the use of both a controller and Kinect is exactly the way to go asit's something that really enhances games. Head tracking in Forza 4 is a big step forward and makes a huge difference and it will be the same in first person shooters when a developer finally gets around to it. The other beauty of Kinect is that if you don't want it, you don't have to buy it - there's plenty of traditionally played console titles around.

I don't particularly like the term, "Hardcore" either so I agree there - but I guess it's something we will have to get used to for a while at least.

What the hell? These forums are awful it just posted a blank post and signed me out. The gist

of my last post is that from the article it seems boring and a real waste of MS's resources Rare making Kinect Sports 2 is a joke and confirms that their studio might as well be dead.

Kinect Sports is great though, it deserves a sequel. I'm buying it.

Yeah, these forums are gash. I lost a massive post yesterday due to an internal error, I reckon this is the end of the line for the UK section of OXF.

No non-sequel non-kinect games then?

Big surprise.

How would head tracking even work? If i look to the right/left of my screen them i am not looking at the screen anymore, which makes it pointless. Unless it tracks my eye movement? But we all know kinect cannot do that.

Hmmm i'm yet to be convinced of the value of headtracking and £100 is a lot for the priviledge. While I acknowledge that no-one is forcing me to get Kinect that is not up for dispute, what is, however, is the argument that this focus on Kinect is to the detriment of  "core" titles. Take Rare for example, they were working on Kameo 2 (a sequel to one of my and my gfs favourite early 360 titles) and PD2 only for them to be cancelled in favour of Kinect. The fact that they seem to have completely abandoned their traditional IPs is a real shame too. I don't have much hope for anything exciting from E3 and if a Halo remake is the best MS have to offer it will be a crap show for me at least.

How would head tracking even work? If i look to the right/left of my screen them i am not looking at the screen anymore, which makes it pointless. Unless it tracks my eye movement? But we all know kinect cannot do that.

===================

Thats what i have said before but no one seems to know what i was on about. Trying to turn your head while keeping your eyes fixed on the screen is so unnatural and quite uncomfortable.