Kinect keeps turning off and on?

Hello, After the March update My kinect has been restarting or just turning off for no good reason. I've tried power cycling but it did't work. It's not a big deal but I mainly use it for voice control as the interface is hard to maneuver. 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 346 Applies to:

Have you gone through the steps online? I had the same thing, but I went through the steps and reset my Kinect on the console... It hasn't turned off since.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Had the same thing happen to my titan fall bundle console on the 2nd day of ownership. The console kept saying the kinect was unplugged.  Exchanged the system at game stop and downloaded my games again only to find out the mic that came with this one doesn't work. I really dont want to download everything for a third time, but I'm not sure that GS will replace the mic by itself. I was dead set on getting a PS4, changed my mind because I've always been an xbox guy, and the titan fall bundle seemed like a good buy, but now I've spent more time troubleshooting and going through setups than anything. Would've eased the pain a bit if GS just swapped out bundles, but instead I received a normal xbox one console box with a sleeve instead of the pre order box I originally had, and they cut it open to remove the tf code. I'd be curious to see how many of those codes get sent back to microsoft, and how many get sold by someone who works for a game store. I obviously don't need a second tf code, but maybe selling it or trading it for a different game would've left less of a bad taste in my mouth.

Sorry this didn't help.

Mine started doing the same thing after working great for a 1 1/2 years.  I use mine for controlling my Xbox and TV.. This is very annoying and not the way this XboxOne was sold. When they switched to Win 10 OS on the console          they obviously have some code problems with the Kinect and haven't bothered to fix them yet. I am starting to think that I should have both the PlayStation. ***.

Sorry this didn't help.