Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 10 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

No not right now.

Xbox One accessories list. 

So we all have to buy one and hope it works

Just plug any USB keyboard into the Xbox One. February update added it. Old thread, but might as well let anyone who doesn't know it's possible now. Haven't tried it with One since Smartglass lets me see and send messages without having to have anything happen on the TV screen while I am playing.

Xbox One always worked with a USB keyboard. The February update enabled hot-plugging. Prior to that it had to be plugged in while the console was off (not just low power mode).

As noted, though, SmartGlass fulfills the role that the Chatpad on the 360 had, should that be the "keyboard" one is inquiring about.

Just now read thread, and it answered some of my questions. Thanks.

So can I plug in a bluetooth transmitter and use a wireless keyboard?

I use the Logitec solar wireless Keyboard K750 and it works great!

@TheBrain1976 - Thanks for this info, have been considering looking for a keyboard, but didnt fancy plugging one in.  Smart glass is "OK" but still fancy a keyboard more for full on tying in IE.

If you have a smartphone you can download the SmartGlass App for it, or, you can get a USB keyboard. I mainly use my Samsung S5. My parents would be OK with using a keyboard as an alternative, but I'm not like that. Use SmartGlass or go to the official feedback site and tell Microsoft to hurry up with making a "keyboard" for Xbox 1 ;D I'm sure there's feedback from others there, wanting them to make a chatpad. It makes life a lot more easier than using the buttons on the controller to input stuff to the onscreen keyboard.

I got a simple USB MS-brand (to ensure that it worked) keyboard for ~$15 and have not regretted it since.