http://news.xbox.com/2014/02/xbox-one-keeps-getting-better

Bye Just Albi

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 192 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Well, the Xbox One already supports keyboard, but it has to be attached before the device is powered up (from a cold boot, not instant-on), but yes, good news.

That said, even if/when we get mouse support, dont expect to be able to use it in most games, unless said games offer seperate lobbies for KB/mouse users.

Yup full keyboard support plus microsoft said back in November that they will be a future update for the XB1 controllers to make them PC compatible, it'll be pretty awesome whenever that happens.

[quote user="VulcanVFX"]

Yup full keyboard support plus microsoft said back in November that they will be a future update for the XB1 controllers to make them PC compatible, it'll be pretty awesome whenever that happens.

[/quote]

Making the controllers work on a PC will be more of an update for the PC rather than the controller. All they have to do is write the code for the PC, sell a receiver and encourage developers to make it compatible with their games.

Yeah, I really hope they dont make K/B compatible in games...  

On the basis that you can run a cheap gaming PC for less than a console and hook them up to most TVs, a lot of the basis for consoles is controllers and simplicity. I have to agree that I wouldn't welcome Keyboard and Mouse support and don't really see the point in them at all.

-

Controllers on a PC makes sense as you can enjoy all the PC power with the comfort of a controller but there is practically no viable reason at all to reverse this that I can think of.

^ same

I would welcome mouse/keyboard support for one reason. It may push them into some exclusive strategy games. Even though I own a great gaming pc it would be nice to see the genre explored on a console. And with the ease of xbox live it would be great for multiplayer!

Strategy genre for consoles, I can live with BUT in separate lobbies, HOWEVER Mouse support should NEVER be added to console shooters. I don't even like using a mouse for PC shooters but I'd put myself at a much larger disadvantage if I used my controller. Some people just prefer something that isn't as EASY as point, click and shoot.

Actually I find using a mouse and keyboard is not that much easier than a controller. Being that there is no auto aim at all, you have to be very accurate. Sometimes it's actually harder. I have bf4 on pc and my x1 and I find pc a lot harder most of the time.

THERE IS NO AUTO AIM FOR CONTROLLERS!!! Sorry, you forced me to hold down my Shift key there. There is Auto Aim and Aim Assist, both are completely different. Auto Aim is what is known as an AimBot, it is "Auto"matically aiming FOR you. While Aim Assist, merely provided a small assist in that using a joystick to control a crosshair is harder than the simplicity of point and clicking with a mouse.

Of course some people will find using a mouse and keyboard being no easier than a controller but that's because like me, we aren't used to gaming with mice or keyboards, we're used to controllers.

And even on video games where there's an option to disable Aim Assist, it doesn't disable it completely. If there was Auto Aim, you wouldn't see the losers on CoD with an accuracy below 10%, let alone much higher than that.