Keeps Disconnecting

About every twelve to fiftenn minutes my xbox tells me that I've been diconected.

When I first try and sign in, the only way it'll let me on live for that long is if I hit the xbox button on the sign-in screen. When I just click on my name it wont sign me into live at all. Saturday night I turned my xbox on for the first time in about a week and it told me that I needed to do a system update, ever since then my system has decided it hates me. I leaft the room while it did that and my cousin says that it froze and didn't download it (though she is kinda ditzy at times, so I'm not to sure). Then on Monday I spent twenty minutes on the phone with a xbox support guy, and we straighted things out to were it said my xbox was connected to live. So thinking the problem was solved, I thanked him and hung up. I geuss I was wrong. I went back to my network setting and everything was as it should be, and since my parents have a playstation on the same router, I know it's not the problem. When I looked at the satus report it said:

W: 0000-0021
X:0000-000D
Y:20A8-4800
Z:0000-0000
ID:FFFF-FFFF
L:8015-1904
Q:0015-10F1
T:Wireless
D: 8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4
S:WPA2
C:4

All the Basic Setting are as they should be, and none of the Additional Setting are set.So far this weeks been really stressful, and it sucks I can't kill people on my game =( Any help would be appretiated.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

Hey there Ten! I understand you are having some issues connecting to LIVE. Just to clarify, are you now unable to connect to LIVE at all, or are you getting disconnected after being on LIVE for a while? Do you seem to disconnect when doing certain things, like launching a game or app?

When you ran the test above, was this when you were able to connect properly? If so, please wait until you are experiencing an issue (disconnected or unable to connect) and then run this test. Those are the results that would most help us out!

For starters, try connecting your console directly to your modem with an ethernet cable. If this works, then try connecting to your router with an ethernet cable. The results from these two tests can help us narrow down where your issue lies and I can offer more specific steps to help you out. Let me know what you find out and we'll go from there, thanks!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

It disconnects me after about 20mn, no matter what I’m doing. When I ran the test, it was after it kicked me off Live. It works like it should when I hooked it up with an Ethernet cable to my modem, we don’t have a router, and our router is our modem, so I can’t really do your other request.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.