keeps disconnecting

hi guys. my xbox died today so i have just bought the new 250gb console. before i bought this i didnt really have any problems but now i keep getting disconected between 5 and 30 mins. its becoming infuriating. im really at a loss as what to do.

i use ethanet

its the 360 s

i can sign straight back in or it even does it itself straight away

the test connection never finds any problems

the staus it shows is

i live in england, lancashire

router is netgear dg834gt

ethanet cable

reset the router, tried a new filter, changed my outbound ports

Is UPnP Enabled? Yes

nat is open

no error codes

Who is your ISP - sky

After you run "Test Xbox LIVE connection" press “Y” for "More Info”. In the pop-up that appears, what are the following values, if shown? (If a value below does not appear for you, just leave it blank.)

w: 0000-000b

x: 000-f001

y: 20a8-4840

z: 0000-0000

id ffff ffff

l: 0015-10f0

q: 8015-1004

t: wired

A: 192.168.0.3/255.255.255.0

g 192.168.0.1

d: 192.168.0.1/0.0.0.0

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

is this a known issue with a new xbox. ive spent 5 hours now trying to sort it and scour the internet with answers. im drawing a blank and feeling very frustrated.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I'm having the same problem. Bought the 250 gb anniversary pack two days ago when my older xbox360 started to show signs of aging. Never had any problems with xbox live on the old one, but the new one keeps disconnecting, May I add that I'm getting this issue while playing Battlefield 3 AND that my xbox360 is giving me 'disc unreadable' errors, while it is on my HDD,(almost) every time when I get to the 'press start' menu. After the error my xbox also disconnects form xbox live and returns to the xbox home.

Are you experiencing this error with several games or one in specific? Would really love to know how to solve this.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there Ewood! I'm sorry to hear about your connection troubles. First, I just want to clarify from your information, are you just using the Netgear, or is that the router? What kind of modem are you using as well? Does your connection improve if you connect directly to the modem instead of the router?

Also, what are you doing when you get disconnected? Does this happen when you load a game or app, randomly when playing a game or app, or just simply sitting on the Dashboard? If this only happens when you load up a game or app, try downloading your profile (forums.xbox.com/.../153143.aspx) to see if that helps.

Let us know if that helps and we'll go from there. Thanks!

Alpha: So we can provide you and Ewood the best possible support, we'd like you to create you own thread in this forum, detailing your issue, and we'll help you out there. Thank you for your consideration!  

Sorry this didn't help.

got a new router. working now

Sorry this didn't help.

This also happens with the BT home hub sometimes, the xbox randomly loses its IP address or connection

Sorry this didn't help.