Keeps disconnecting me from XBL

After having my first RRoD (I was lucky after having my first 360 for almost 5 years) I bought a new 250gb Elite. I connected it to my modem (which is a wireless router/modem combo) directly via cable. This is the same setup I had with my old 360. I transferred the data from my old hdd to the new device then deleted cache, system updates, and re-downloaded everything including profile. My modem is setup with open NAT. I get NO errors on network detection. I can log in to XBL immediately with no problems. If I use a service like Netflix if works fine so long as I'm watching something, but if I let it sit idle for a while or if I go into a single player game I get disconnected. This happens every time and takes roughly 10 minutes.

I have nothing else hitting the internet. My connection pulls roughly 25/5 reliably, better during the times I normally play. I have system idle set to 6 hours. I have deleted and re-downloaded everything twice. The only thing I will not do is set my modem to DMZ the Xbox because it's unneccesary to completely kill internet to the rest of my house (and fiancee) everytime I want to play on the 360. As mentioned before this is the exact same setup as with my old device and I never dropped connection. Everything else in the house runs fine, just XBL and pretty much when I play games in single player or not in dashboard and idle. Is there a system setting I'm missing?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Greetings, SanZho. Very sorry to hear you're having trouble getting disconnected from LIVE. You mentioned that if you play a single player game, are idle for approximately 10 minutes, or play Netflix you will get disconnected. It seems like the problem occurs whenever you are idle, no matter what you are doing. Is that correct? You did mention that this occurs while playing single player games. Have you also tested multiplayer modes as well?

Have you updated your router's firmware? If you haven't lately I would give it a shot.

Give it a shot and let me know how it goes! Standing by.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Late response as I work until 2200 EST Thurs & Fri. My router's firmware is up-to-date. I'm still getting the same problem. The issue occurs with games that have built-in online functions such as ME3, but I haven't yet played anything online. I am going to try playing something in multiplayer later tonight, but as it Netflix works fine so long as I'm actually watching something/unpaused I'm unsure.

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for the update, SanZho. Let me know how it goes with multiplayer. Standing by.

Sorry this didn't help.

As I expected, so long as I am in multiplayer I stay connected to XBL. Switch to main menu (was playing ME3) and after about 10 minutes with it just sitting I was disconnected from XBL. Same with Netflix; fine so long as I'm watching, but pause, end of movie/episode, and after a couple of minutes I'm disconnected.

This has happened with games with leaderboards too. I'll play a game get a score, but was disconnected during play. If I don't time it right and sign back in my score doesn't get uploaded to the leaderboard.

I have tested this with ME3, Red Dead Redemtion, and L4D2 with identical results.

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for testing that out for us SanZho! I'd like to get a little more information from you so we can better assess this issue. The next time you get disconnected, can you please run a Network Connection Test on the console and then post back here with the answers to the bold questions in this guide (forums.xbox.com/.../155724.aspx). Thank you!

Sorry this didn't help.

As stated above I have not had any errors on the actual device nor on XBL. Per the other thread:

I'm in Pittsburgh, PA.

UPnP is enabled

I'm using Comcast - 25/5 speed

Arris Gateway Tg862G/CT

I used this gateway with my previous machine without problem.

Again, as mentioned above I am using a brand new 250gb xbox.

W: 0000 - 000B

X: 0000 - F001

Y: 20A8 - 4840

Z: 0000 - 0000

ID FFFF - FFFF

L: 0015 - 10F0

Q: 8015 - 100C

T: Wired

A: 10.0.0.8/255.255.255.0

G: 10.0.0.1

D: 75.75.76.76/75.75.75.75

Sorry this didn't help.

This exact issue is the one i am having problems with today!

Sorry this didn't help.

Greetings, SanZho. I'm going to do a little investigation on this. I'll post again tomorrow when I have an update.

Greetings, MissDystopia. I would definitely love to help, however I'd like to ask you to create a new thread about your situation. Please be sure to check out this sticky and post your replies to the section in bold in your thread: forums.xbox.com/.../155724.aspx. Thank you in advance!

Sorry this didn't help.

sounds like my problem. except i get dropped when i try and go on marketplace

Sorry this didn't help.

Greetings, Ed5881! Sorry to hear about your situation. We definitely want to help you get that sorted out. Would you mind creating a new thread detailing out your situation including any troubleshooting steps you have tried thus far? This will enable us to provide you with the best support possible for your issue. Thank you in advance!

Sorry this didn't help.