keeps disconnecting me from live

When I get on to play or to almost do anything on live at all it boots me off and says I have disconnected so I have to wait for it too work so I can get back on for a time or go and test my connection again to get it to work and even than it boots me off again and it keeps doing it.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Hey FALLENxMASTERx!

Sorry to hear you're getting disconnected from Xbox LIVE. It would really help us troubleshoot the connection if you could START HERE and post back on this thread with the network information for your connection. In addition I would recommend a quick redownload of your gamertag. It's an easy step and can fix many basic issues.

You can download your Xbox LIVE gamertag to any console. Here’s how:

1. Press the Xbox Guide button on your controller (large X button in the center of your controller).
    2. Select Download Profile.

Note Not seeing Download Profile? Press X to sign out of your profile.

1. Enter the Microsoft account associated with your Xbox LIVE gamertag. If you don’t know your Microsoft account or password, see Find your Microsoft account or password.

Note “Microsoft account” is the new name for what used to be called “Windows Live ID.” It’s the email address and password you use to sign in to Microsoft services (including Xbox LIVE). Find out more.

2. Now, enter your Microsoft account password.

Note If your account is an Xbox LIVE child account, the parent’s Microsoft account information is required to download the profile.

3. Select the storage device for your profile (for example, Hard Drive).

Your profile will begin downloading. Once your profile is downloaded, you can choose whether or not you want to require your Microsoft account password to sign into your profile.

Remember Password option

The Remember Password option is off by default, which means you’ll be prompted for your Microsoft account password when you sign into your Xbox LIVE profile.

1. Leave the Remember Password unchecked (off), if you want to be prompted for your Microsoft account password when you sign into your profile on this console.

Note If you’re downloading your profile to your own console, you can select the Remember Password option so that you aren’t prompted for your Microsoft account password when you sign into your profile.

You can now sign in using your Xbox LIVE gamertag on this console.

Important If you downloaded your profile to another console and you chose the Remember Password option, you can remotely remove the password so that your profile can’t be accessed on the other console. To learn how to do this, see Password protect your Xbox LIVE profile.

Best of luck and hit us with that network info and we'll look into additional suggestions to get you connected to XBL!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Sounds like the local profile is out of date or corrupted, and when an app or routine asks for data from it, it causes the involuntary disconnection. I'd start by clearing the system cache (it's just temporary files plus game updates, automatically reloaded) by:

1) Please do Settings | System Settings | Storage

2) Move over any hard drive or memory unit (not the Cloud) & press (Y) on your controller & pick Clear System Cache.

3) When asked to confirm storage device maintenance, choose Yes.

Re-download

4) Tap the silver Xbox Guide button

5) Select Download Profile (and if you don't see it, press the blue X button to make sure you're not signed in) and proceed with Profile Download.

6) Enter the Microsoft Account addresse for your Xbox LIVE gamertag when asked.

7) Enter the password for the Microsoft Account.

7A) If your account is an Xbox LIVE child account, the parent’s Windows Live ID & password is required as well to download your profile.

8) Pick the storage device for your profile (choose Hard Drive if you have one, or Memory Unit if you don't have a Hard Drive).

9) When the download completes you will be asked if you want the console to remember your password. If it's your home console, I'd say yes, otherwise I'd think carefully about leaving my profile unprotected on somebody else's Xbox!

10) Sign in, and retry.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.