Keep losing connected and disconnecting from Xbox live help?!?!??!

i bought my xbox a few weeks ago and this has been happening since i've got it.

i can go into multiplayer but a couple minutes into the game it gets really laggy, i lose connection, and thendisconnect from xbox live.

i also get disconnected from xbox live if i leave my xbox idle for 10mins or so.

i do not have any other things up on my laptop like youtube or twitch which would slow down my connection.

if it helps, i can play custom games online with my friends and not get disconnected, just when i play normal online multiplayer it happens

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 379 Applies to:

[quote user="PoeticMean"]

Modem: CLEAR Hub Express 4G (modem & router in one)

ISP: Mobile Citizen ("Affordable 4G Mobile Internet")

[/quote]

Since you are connecting via Cellphone based Internet: Those ISPs often set the modem to disconnect whenever no data is being transmitted after a certain amount of time.

Could you try my suggestion above, and use your PC to constantly ping Google with the following command:

ping www.google.com -t

This should send a data packet all the time, and hopefully keep the connection "alive" whenever you are doing something on the Xbox that doesn't send enough data.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

July 13/14

Hello:

I need help because my Xbox 360 also keeps disconnecting from Xbox Live--but only when idle for a few minutes.  My connection is wired.  Here's all the info:

City: Seattle, WA.

Modem: CLEAR Hub Express 4G (modem & router in one)

UPnP: enabled

NAT Error: Was getting NAT Error messages but resolved the "NAT Type: Moderate" issue (by watching a YouTube video: "How to Set-up Port Forwarding on CLEAR Hub Express"), so NAT Type is now "Open."

ISP: Mobile Citizen ("Affordable 4G Mobile Internet")

After running "Test Xbox LIVE Connection" and pressing "More Info," here are the values in the pop-up that appeared:

W: 0000-000B

X: 0001-8005

Y: 20A8-4800

Z: 0000-0000

ID: FFFF-FFFF

L: 0015-10F0

Q: 8015-100C

T: Wired

A: 192.168.15.11/255.255.255.0

G: 192.168.15.1

D: 192.168.15.1/0.0.0.0  

My deepest gratitude to anyone who can provide the solution to this vexing problem!

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="EliteKing1337"]if it helps, i can play custom games online with my friends and not get disconnected, just when i play normal online multiplayer it happens[/quote]

Without further information about your hardware setup, your internal connection (WLAN or wired), and what Internet Provider you use and how that provider connects you to the internet (cable, DSL or cellphone based Wireless Internet), I can only take a few stabs in the dark.

First of all, you should know that most multiplayergames on Xbox Live are peer-to-peer connected games. Meaning: One of your opponents or teammates is the "host" of the match, and if that person has trouble connecting, or just decides to leave the game, all other players lag or get disconnected from the match (but NOT Xbox Live).

If you also get a popup, that you are disconnected from Xbox Live, it is a good idea to start troubleshooting in your home.

If you are connected wirelessly, by all means try a wired connection just for testing purposes. Wireless connections can get disturbed my so many "invisible" things, that it makes troubleshooting a pain in the behind: Other wireless devices like baby monitors, cordless phones, microwave ovens, and neighboring WLANs broadcasting on the same channel all impair your WLAN connection. And these devices don't necessarily have to be in your home. Neighbors that disturb your WLAN with their wireless devices is very common in populated areas.

If switching to a wired connection doesn't improve the situation, try the following:

On a PC open up a command prompt. On Windows you press "Windowskey + R" and type "cmd" in the small window. On a Mac or Linux PC, simply open up a terminal window.

Into that window, you type:

ping www.google.com -t

(if you use a Mac or Linux system, omit the -t option).

This should generate rows upon rows of numbers.

Now start playing a game.

If you get disconnected from Live, check your PC.

Did the numbers significantly change? Did the replies change to something completely different?

Sorry this didn't help.

i would suggest calling router support for your specific router and disable firewall and also open all ports, never hurts to do full system reboot as well.

Sorry this didn't help.

Please give us the info bellow:

-

What Country/State/Province do you live in?

Modem brand & model number:

Router brand & model number:

If Wireless, are you using a white or black external adapter, or an internal (Xbox 360S) adapter?

Things you have tried:

Is UPnP Enabled? Yes/no/Unknown

Do you have a NAT error? If so, what is your NAT?

Any Error Codes you encounter:

Who is your ISP(Internet Service Provider)?

After you run "Test Xbox LIVE connection" press “Y” for "More Info”. In the pop-up that appears, what are the following values, if shown? (If a value below does not appear for you, just leave it blank.)

W:

X:

Y:

Z:

ID:

L:

Q:

T:

D:

S:

C:

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi there ELITEKING1337!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with staying connected to Xbox Live. It's never a bad idea to try clearing your console's system cache and redownloading your profile. These steps can help resolve basic issues with random disconnects and trouble getting connected to Xbox Live. It's a fairly simple process, just follow these steps!

Clear System Cache

1. Press the Guide button on your controller, go to Settings, and select System Settings.
  2. Select Storage or Memory.
  3. Highlight any storage device, and then press Y on your controller. (It doesn't matter which storage device you select; the cache will be cleared for all storage devices.)
  4. Select Clear System Cache.
  5. When prompted to confirm storage device maintenance, select Yes.

Re-Download Profile

1. Press the Guide button on your controller.
  2. Select Download Profile (and if you don't see it, press the blue X button to make sure you're not signed in) and proceed with Profile Download.
  3. Enter the Microsoft Account address for your Xbox LIVE gamertag when asked.
  4. Enter the Password for the Microsoft Account.
  5. If your account is an Xbox LIVE Child Account, the Parent’s Windows Live ID & password is required as well to download your profile.
  6. Pick the Storage Device for your profile (choose Hard Drive if you have one, or Memory Unit.)
  7. When the download completes you will be asked if you want the console to Remember Your Password. If it's your home console, I'd say yes, otherwise I'd think carefully about leaving my profile unprotected on somebody else's Xbox!
  8. Sign In, and retry.

Let us know how that goes for you. If you are still having issues please read the START HERE post and hit us with your network info. With that we can look into the problem further.

Cheers!

Sorry this didn't help.