Keep getting logged out of Live while running Youtube or Netflix app

When watching a video (more often Youtube than Netflix, though NF has done it a few times), I will get a "Hackmastergenrl logged out of Xbox Live" message and the video will stop.  When I choose to run "test connection" one of two things will happen - either the test will fail completely, or it will complete the test, and there is no detected issue.  Then I can re-connect to Youtube and fast-forward to the spot I got stopped at, but this can happen MULTIPLE times while trying to watch one 30 minute-ish video.

I realize this may be a router issue, but I cannot figure out why this may be happening.

What Country/State/Province do you live in? Canada/Nova Scotia
Modem brand & model number:
  Motorola SBG6580
Router brand & model number:
  D-Link DIR 628

Things you have tried: 
Is UPnP Enabled? /no/

After you run "Test Xbox LIVE connection" press “Y” for "More Info”. In the pop-up that appears, what are the following values, if shown? (If a value below does not appear for you, just leave it blank.)
W:  0000-0021
X: 0000-F001
Y: 20A8-4840
Z: 0000-0000
ID: FFFF-FFFF
L: 0015-10F0
Q: 8015-1004
T:Wireless
D: 192.168.0.1, 0.0.0.0
S: WEP
C: 3

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Still no answer, and it seems this is a common problem.  I don't generally get disconnected while playing a game - I can play Skyrim for hours and not have a problem, but I have been bumped a few times.  Mostly it's in Youtube or Netflix, and there, it happens a LOT, but not with any frequency.  Sometimes it's once, and I re-sign in and it's no problem after.  Sometimes, I can't watch a video because it always boots me out once I log back in, get the app loaded, search the video again, and then fast forward to the spot I stopped, watch a few more seconds, and bump again.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey Hack, very sorry that no official response was made in this thread over the weekend! The first thing I'd like to try here is bypassing the router completely and connecting with an Ethernet cable to your modem (after resetting the modem, of course). Can you please give that a try, and then let us know if the same issue occurs then? :-)

Sorry this didn't help.

Oh geez, sorry, I forgot this was even here.  I missed the email not. of a response.  That is not possible as the router and everything is upstairs, and the modem is downstairs.

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for the response, Hack! Just to clarify, your modem and router are in separate locations? Is the router next to your console? How is the router and the modem connected? It sounds like you may be using two routers (the modem you listed has one built in, making it a gateway), and if you are using a router in addition to the one built in to your modem, this can cause many issues. We recommend just having your console connect to the wireless portion of your gateway (modem), and take out the other router completely. Let us know if this makes sense or helps! :)

Sorry this didn't help.

The modem that we have is one provided by our internet provider, but they charge extra to access the wireless function of the modem.  So, we use another router.  My wife is an IT professional (she is a network/systems admin for a non-profit) and uses this set-up at her work, and it does not cause any issues at all.  The wireless function of the modem SHOULD not be interfering in any way.

The modem and router are upstairs, the console is downstairs.  I could theoretically connect via ethernet cable, but this would mean running the cable down the stairs over the floor into the living room, which would be cumbersome.

Sorry this didn't help.