Keep getting kicked off Xbob Live

So I'll sign in everything is fine.. get into a game and about 1-2 mins later get disconnected.. my brother is in the other room, even be in the same on-line game with me. on the same internet connection.. and he has no problems what-so ever.. we have been playing fine like this for about a year now.. but for the last week I cant even play cuz i get kicked off every singel game.. really annoying.. I belive our modem and router are fine cuz we used to play on xbox live just fine together, and ill get disconnected and he'll be fine... HELP PLZ!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Hey there Number1Badass!

I'm about to take you through some troubleshooting steps. So let's start troubleshoot your console.

Clear your Xbox system cache. This will remove temporary files from the system cache. Here's how!

Download/recover your profile from LIVE servers as follows: Press X to sign out of your profile.

1. Press the Xbox Guide button on your controller (large X button in the center of your controller).
  2. Select Download Profile.
  3. Enter the Microsoft account associated with your Xbox LIVE gamertag.
  4. Enter your Microsoft account password.

Restore your Xbox network settings to factory defaults.

To be able to properly troubleshoot your network equipment, for this you need to post up the make and model number of your modem and router.

Thanks! 

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.