Keep getting disconnected

Well as the title says I keep getting disconnected for no reason at all. I'm getting really annoyed its been happening for almost two weeks now. I have gone through all the troubleshoot and everything and that is not the problem. Every single thing in my house stays connected to the internet expect my Xbox. Sometimes after being in the dashboard for 10 minutes it disconnects me. When ever I try to play or use an app or game I get disconnected and cannot connect unless I test connection.

First I though it might be my internet or Xbox but after seeing so many post with the same problem I guess its not just me. This problem really needs to be fixed. I appreciate any help or suggestions. Also please fix this before 9/20.... for obvious reasons (Gears)  

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

dude. check out which games you've been online with lately. some of the recent updates will corrupt your main games installed on your harddrives. as well as any extra content you may have downloaded. some of these will have a yellow triangle next to them delete them and redownload them again. that may help. i had to delete my halo reach and map packs and redownload them all over again because i kept getting disconnected from games due to a corrupt file

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Based on some advice from my thread with the same problem: forums.xbox.com/.../73280.aspx

Try directly connecting your xbox to the modem if you could... It worked for me; I was playing BC2 as well as watching a movie on netflix for over hour (I usually get disconnected every 15-20 min). My modem reset itself, but that's probably a different problem.

It seems that my xbox and maybe yours too suddenly decided to not play nice with the router. This is not a real solution to the problem but could get you on XBL without being disconnected for a while...as long as you don't mind not having internet access for all your other devices.. Really, this is ridiculous and incredibly frustrating.

Sorry this didn't help.

Seem's that connecting my Xbox directly to the modem has "fixed" the problem. Still there's something wrong if this is the only solution thanks for the tip.

Sorry this didn't help.

^^, yes I agree. It sucks that there's nobody out there offering up any real solutions or identifying the actual problem. There's nothing more frustrating than paying for a service that you cannot use by no fault of your own.

Sorry this didn't help.

I'll be interested to know if your direct modem connections maintain Live over time; I've always had my Xbox hard-wired to my modem, and the same disconnect issue keeps happening to me...

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

Please read:- forums.xbox.com/.../9.aspx

And post back your details in full (the bits that are in bold on that post) so that people may help

If you are wireless can you also state whether you are using the white or black external adapter or the Xbox 360S Internal adapter

Thanks

Sorry this didn't help.