keep getting disconnected off live

Please help,i know nothing about the internet or how it works!

I keep getting disconnected from xbox live,its fine when i play online and can chat to friends,when i go onto the avatar market place it cuts off and when i try download any games/demos or watch videos it does the same,i spoke to who i get my internet of which is talk talk and they said that all ports that needed to be open for xbox are and that if it keeps getting cut off its something to do with xbox,i eventually can get back online,its been happening for about 2 weeks now, I have been online for over a year now and have never had any problems can any one help  

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

I'm having the same problem, but it only happens when I get ready to watch a youtube video or something like that.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

That's a bit odd. Please go to http://speedtest.net on a computer on the same network as your console, take the test there, and post the result image back here. Thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.

same prob here and i know its not my connection speed i have a 25meg connection

Sorry this didn't help.

Mister Gwyther

i got this problem too i can play online games. but when im trying to download something:game,video...  after 3-5 minutes xbox disconnects from xbox live and i have to reconnect.but if am not downloading anything i can stay connected to xbox live 4ever and it will never disconnect. your link didnt helped.

Sorry this didn't help.

You can find more info about setting up your network properly in our Connection Guide (forums.xbox.com/.../9.aspx).

Sorry this didn't help.

Have you checked the settings on your routers?? Usually you would access these by opening up your Internet Browser from a PC/Mac and typing in the address usually located on the label on your router.  

Sometimes they are also noted in the Support sections of yout ISP/Routers website.  

The default address is normally http://192.168.0.1.

On some Netgear Routers the address is http://www.routerlogin.net or http://192.168.1.1

When you load the page it will promot you for a login username and password.  Again these can be found on the bottom of your router.  The default username and passwords for the majority of routers is:

User: Admin

Password: Password

These can differ slightly so please check your routers.

I'm also aware that if you have O2 UK Home Broadband & the Thompson make of routers - These are locked settings and cannot be altered. As a result you will NOT be able to solve these issues without complaining to O2 Directly.

The first thing to find is you NAT Type.  Usually in 'Advanced Internet Settings' or similar menu.  To allow a good connection for online gaming & Chat/Party Connections, Your NAT type needs to be enabled.  If your NAT type is strict or moderate, this will cause connection issues and drop outs.  Your type needs to also be OPEN.  

You can also specify certain 'Port Forwarding' settings to prioritise your incoming/outgoing internet connections. And there is plenty of advice availale around the internet.  But it usually comes down to NAT type if wired or wireless, and also if wireless, the more obstructions there are between you and the router will lessen the strength of your connection.  Most UK ISP's also lower the amount of Internet you can recieve during certain peak hours.  Most ISP's 'Open the speed limiter's up after midnight and until early morning.  Also online players in Party's and 'rooms' with players elsewhere in the world will no doubt experience lag also due to the distance of the majority of your party from you.  eg: if most of your party are in the USA, the likelyhood is that your UK connection will log on to a server in the USA.  If your group is mainly in your country then your connection will be more secure as the server location will be closer to your home.

I've also found that you get more drop outs on 'wireless' than you do 'wired' so try and test your settings with your console connected by a Cat 5 Ethernet cable, Preferably an Xbox one!

Good Luck and let me know how you get on

Sorry this didn't help.