Keep getting disconnected from Live post update

Prior to the latest update, I had absolutely no connectivity issues. However, after the update, I keep getting disconnected from LIVE every few minutes; 10 mins maximum if I'm lucky. Before the update, I have never been disconnected, but now my 360 just refuses to stay connected to LIVE. Tried wired connection and wireless, reset factory default settings, get no error codes while testing LIVE connection. But still randomly disconnects. Doesn't matter if I'm in a game, or if its just sitting on the dashboard.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 16 Applies to:

And did the console past the connection test also now with this new dashboard?  

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I have also encountered this error and it is very frustrating especially mid way through a game!  i have gone through a lot of steps as above and still nothing please help

Sorry this didn't help.

would help alot if you could help please same thing happens to mine

Sorry this didn't help.

Well I'm having the exact same problem, but my XBox 360 starts very slowly and takes alot of time to connect to XBox Live also.

Sorry this didn't help.

Just to clarify from all of you. Are you wired or wireless connected to your Internet?

Please do try wired and give us the status of your console Connection test. Tip: If you change something in your router, modem easy saying in your network, always do a connection test after that.

Let us know how you are doing.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

Well since the update I have had problems with staying connected to Xbox LIVE. If I am actively using my connection (playing games) then it seems to be fine. However if I am sat on the dashboard or playing a game OFLINE then it will randomly disconnect, could be twice in five minutes could be after an hour, could be after three. This is when using a wireless connection. I am at the moment connected by wire trying to see if that makes any difference but as it is a sporadic problem it is hard to see if this has had a positive effect. Please bear in mind these things: I have had no problems in the last 5 years using EXACTLY the same setup. The console , by the way, is the 360S. The NAT is OPEN, upnp is on. Please please do not ask me to do a variety of things because I feel I have already satisfied the criteria, below are the results of my wired and wireless tests. Oh due to the fact that it stays connected during games but not during things such as idling and playing offline games. I have to wonder, is the wireless adaptor in the xbox going into standby??

WIRELESS RESULTS:

What Country/State/Province do you live in? England, Devon

Modem brand & model number:n/a

Router brand & model number:  BT Homehub 2

If Wireless, are you using a white or black external adapter, or an internal (Xbox 360S) adapter? Internal adaptor

Things you have tried:  resetting hub, resetting xbox, putting xbox into dmz mode etc.

Is UPnP Enabled? Yes

Do you have a NAT error? No, Open

Any Error Codes you encounter: None

Who is your ISP(Internet Service Provider)? British Telecom

After you run "Test Xbox LIVE connection" press “Y” for "More Info”. In the pop-up that appears, what are the following values, if shown? (If a value below does not appear for you, just leave it blank.)

W:0000-0021

X:0000-F001

Y:20A8-4840

Z:0000-0000

ID:FFFF-FFFF

L:8015-0002

Q:8007-0435

T:Wireless

D:192.168.1.254, 0.0.0.0

S:WPA2

C:1

WIRED RESULTS:

What Country/State/Province do you live in? England, Devon

Modem brand & model number:n/a

Router brand & model number:  BT Homehub 2

If Wireless, are you using a white or black external adapter, or an internal (Xbox 360S) adapter? Internal adaptor

Things you have tried:  resetting hub, resetting xbox, putting xbox into dmz mode etc.

Is UPnP Enabled? Yes

Do you have a NAT error? No, Open

Any Error Codes you encounter: None

Who is your ISP(Internet Service Provider)? British Telecom

After you run "Test Xbox LIVE connection" press “Y” for "More Info”. In the pop-up that appears, what are the following values, if shown? (If a value below does not appear for you, just leave it blank.)

W:0000-000B

X:0000-F001

Y:20A8-4840

Z:0000-0000

ID:FFFF-FFFF

L:8015-0002

Q:8007-0435

T:Wired

D:192.168.1.254, 0.0.0.0

Please please can you tell me if Microsoft are aware of this issue or do they assume it's mine and all the other peoples fault? I dont think it's coincidence that this started happening after the update, the exact same day infact. Before not ONE problem :( please help

[View:http://www.speedtest.net/result/1654470413.png]

Sorry this didn't help.