Keep disconnecting from Xbox live.

This is starting to bug me now. Its happened about 5 times tonight. I just get a random disconnect and its happening every day. Everything else stays connected, laptop, ipod and my netbook. Just xbox that disconnects from live. Im on BT and this has never happened before. It must be the xbox if everything stays fine and the router doesnt have the lights flashing?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 8 Applies to:

how is your xbox connecting to your internet connection, is it a wire or wireless connection, if wireless maybe another device is knocking off the connection....try a wired connection if you can

Its wireless. But I dont see what could be knocking it off the connection? I havent got anything new lately?

are you able to try it wired see if it makes a difference? could try giving the router a quick power down and back up and see if it gets any better

[quote user="aCheeseyPenguin"]

Its wireless. But I dont see what could be knocking it off the connection? I havent got anything new lately?

[/quote]

Are you using the BT Homehub 3? if so ...

Now me and the wife both run off the same Hub, me wired and she wireless ( Well she use to ) and she use to get random dissconnects why I remained connected.We phoned BT, they done the usual line tests, couldn't find no problems, they even sent us a new Hub out, still the problem continued, in the end we arranged it so she could connect also by using an ethernet cable and now it's fine.

We still don't know to this day why she kept dropping but it was something to do with the wireless connection.