Keep disconnecting from Parties and freezing in Games

Hey. I dont know whats up i have a normal ethernet cable and everything, but sometimes I keep disconnecting from the party and times, it does not disconnect me from xbox live however, but it also freezes my game for about 10 - 20 seconds then starts again. Can I please have some help? its just started doing this and I have had no other connection problems before. Thanks.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 262 Applies to:

I'd start by clearing the system cache (it's just updates plus other temporary files, nothing that's at all important to anyone) by:

1) Tap the silver Xbox Guide button on the controller, go right 2 clicks to Settings, pick System Settings.

2) Select Storage (or Memory).

3) Move over any hard drive or memory unit (not the Cloud) & press (Y) on your controller & pick Clear System Cache.

4) When asked to confirm storage device maintenance, choose Yes.

Some NAT problems are subtle and don't appear in the Test Xbox Live Connection test. Most likely there's a port blocked... ports are NOT blocked in your Xbox, but can be blocked in your router, modem, or at your ISP.   Since the Xbox 360 uses different ports than PCs & Macs use, you can't see the effect of a port blockage except on the Xbox.

A sequential power cycle is the first step in clearing a port blockage:

1) turn off the Xbox then

2) unplug the power from the router (Some folks have a combination modem-router AKA 'gateway'. If so, skip step 3).

3) unplug the power from the modem.

4) Wait at least 30 secs then replug the modem (or gateway) power.

5) Wait 'til the light on the front of the modem (or gateway) which says ONLINE, READY, CABLE or DSL is on solid (not flashing), then plug in the router. If you have a gateway instead of a modem and router, then when that light says it's ready, skip step 6.

6) Wait until the WiFi light on the router is on; you may not use WiFi, but it's still a good indicator your router is finished booting up.

7) Turn on the Xbox.  For more background on Ports, see whatismyipaddress.com/port

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey there Ryker!
To save yourself some time, could you provide with a little more information that are useful for us. Please read: START HERE! And post back in full detail (the bits that are in bold).

Restart your network equipment

1. Turn off your Xbox 360 console and all network hardware (for example, your modem and router).
  2. Wait a couple of minutes.
  3. Turn on your modem and wait for it to come back online (one more minute).
  4. Turn on the next piece of hardware (for example, the router), and wait another minute.

Clear your Xbox system cache. This will remove temporary files and data from the system cache. Here's how!

Make sure your profile is not corrupted (shown as an yellow exclamation mark)

1. Go to Settings, and then select System.
  2. Select Storage.
  3. Select All Devices.
  4. Select Gamer Profiles.

If your profile is corrupted, delete proflle only and redownload it. Here's how!

Post back and let us know how it goes.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there, RYKER STRIKER. Have you had a chance to fill out the information taidara mentioned? This will help us get the troubleshooting process started if you still need assistance. Let us know! :)

Sorry this didn't help.