Keep disconnecting from Live when I go into games (Reach, Gears 3, etc.)

Ever since I reformatted my hard drive and hooked up my hard drive to get game saves back into my hard drive I keep disconnecting from Xbox live when I go into games. I've tested Halo Reach, Gears 3, but its almost like im server banned from playing games. I haven't modded anything....just extracted game saves back into my drive like red dead, fable's 2 and 3. When I test my connection with Xbox Live everything's a go and I sign back into the dashboard and im only allowed to stay on live on the dashboard. Any fix would be much appreciated thanks!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Hello Fectent,

It can be a problem with your connection, try to get a better connection calling your internet provider by paying or, if you don't want to upgrade it by paying, just try to turn off all your computers and don't use your phone (not cellphone) while you play.

Alessio

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

its not charter, our cable company is fine. I tried it on my other profile and online seems to be working just fine it has to do with my profile.

Sorry this didn't help.

I've already done that. Cleared cache, rerecovered my account. Still nothing though. I called Customer support a few hours ago and he was surprised i have this problem because its so rare even his manager was too. He couldent find any solutions so he sent a report to some profile experts down at customer support and im due for a phone call in 4 to 5 business days. I don't know what to do. Me and him agree its my profile and its like probably permanently corrupted.

Sorry this didn't help.

Fectent, please try to clear your XBOX 360's System Cache by following the directions here. If that doesn't work, then please try to delete your gamer profile and download it again and see if that makes any sort of difference in you being able to play a game without being disconnected from XBOX Live.

Instructions to safely delete your profile and download it again are located here. Instructions to delete the profile are on the bottom of the page, make sure that when you're deleting the gamer profile you select "Delete Profile Only" and not "Profile plus Items" this is very important. The instructions on how to download the profile again are at the top of the page.

Let us know if that worked for you. 

Sorry this didn't help.

Wow im retarded I fixed it. It seems the content for Gears 3 and Halo Reach was corrupted like the DLC and such. Im allowed to play again! Thanks your your help though guys taking the time and all

Sorry this didn't help.

Update! It seems its just gears 3 and halo reach that i cant play online...I have no clue why...I went on gears 2 and im allowed to stay online it would seem.

Sorry this didn't help.

Glad to hear this was resolved, Fectent. Happy gaming to you! :)

Sorry this didn't help.