keep being disconnected from xbox live

i have not got the best signal in the world but just these past few weeks it has been randomly disconnecting me then i press middle button and connect again i have a wireless connection and a wired plugged in the wireless is only about 8 foot away from the xbox  so cant be the signal 

also it keeps disconecting me when im playing a game i get a measley 3mb speeds but used to work 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

Sounds like the local profile is out of date. I'd start by clearing the system cache (it's just temporary files plus game updates, automatically reloaded) by:

1) Tap the silver Xbox Guide button on the controller, go 2 clicks right to Settings, pick System Settings.

2) Select Storage (or Memory if Storage).

3) Move over any hard drive or memory unit (not the Cloud) & press (Y) on your controller & pick Clear System Cache.

4) When asked to confirm storage device maintenance, choose Yes.

Delete profile from your console

1) go to www.xbox.com/accounts & click on Sign in at upper right - if you can't sign in then ** STOP: DON'T ** delete your profile. Please call Xbox Support http://tinyurl.com/XBLnumbers Option 2 for help with your account. If you can sign in, delete & redownload your profile on your Xbox this way:

2) Go to Settings - pick System - choose Storage - pick All Devices - choose Gamer Profiles

3) pick the gamertag choose Delete, and pick Delete Profile Only.

This deletes the profile but leaves saved games and achievements. Now, re-download your profile.

Re-download

1) Tap the silver Xbox Guide button

2) Select Download Profile (and if you don't see it, press the blue X button to make sure you're not signed in) and proceed with Profile Download.

3) Enter the Microsoft Account addresse for your Xbox LIVE gamertag when asked.

4) Enter the password for the Microsoft Account.

4A) If your account is an Xbox LIVE child account, the parent’s Windows Live ID & password is required as well to download your profile.

5) Pick the storage device for your profile (choose Hard Drive if you have one, or Memory Unit if you don't have a Hard Drive).

6) When the download completes you will be asked if you want the console to remember your password. If it's your home console, I'd say yes, otherwise I'd think carefully about leaving my profile unprotected on somebody else's Xbox!

7) Sign in, and retry.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Yep it works, I just have to pray to every god there is lol. If my wife is on the Internet though, good luck to me rofl. Damn English countryside lol.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there nanhunter, Could you tell us if the disconnects are in game or while launching the game. I'd assume in game because you said randomly disconnecting. Also could you tell us if the disconnects are happening on one game in particular? @matt1912 Haha 700kb and you can still play? @nanhunters86 anyways yeah just let me know what the answer to those two questions are and I'll be able to further assist you. Also, The call of duty black ops 2 status is on Defcon 5 which means everything should be working. It might just be because you lost your connection to the host that it disconnected that time.

Sorry this didn't help.

700kb didnt think that would work lol it ?disconnected me then but said that call of duty server was down the disconnected i there anything i can do

Sorry this didn't help.

You make cry, measley 3mb, I get 700kb lol.

Anyway when plugging in via wired rather than wireless does that help. It could be the xbox wireless rather than the router, I know when it happens to me, that's what causes the issue

Sorry this didn't help.