just would like to know

of course Blkops 2 is out and is burning up COD forums. so dumb question 1. will COD 3continue or will it be faded out. now dumb question 2.COD 3 is my first time playing live and looking at my old xbox green & black console that still works perfectly are the on line games still active ?when i read post on COD forums at times post about MW2 and COD 4 come up . dumb question 3. are these past live games ? and are they still active ?if i buy the BlackOps 2 game will i have to clear my harddrive ?also if i want to go back to COD 3 do i just change the game disk .

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

1. EA usually supports their servers for a while. There is no guarantee however the servers will be available forever.

2. There are NO original Xbox games servers available. Thoe were all shut down a couple years ago.

3. You wont have to clear your hardrive unless you want to install the game, unless you bu it digitally.

4. Yes you have to insert the game disk to play a game, even if installed omn your HD (UNLESS it was purchased digitally.

^^

Umm, CoD didn't have EA servers? Or did it...?

I meant Activision. Grrrr getting BF and CoD mixed up. But like EA, Activision still shuts down servers after long periods of time.

Except CoD isn't played on servers.

It's P2P hosted.

[quote user="Endgamez"]

Except CoD isn't played on servers.

It's P2P hosted.

[/quote]

The games may be hosted P2P when they start, but there are actual servers for the games in order to connect to others. Which keeps track of stats and moniters activity. If the games didnt have servers, then EVERY Xbox game capable of multiplayer would be able to be played mulit0player, which isnt so.

If I am not mistaken they use live servers to keep track of that.

[quote user="Covert Affairs"]

If I am not mistaken they use live servers to keep track of that.

[/quote]

Depends on the Publishers. I know EA has their own servers for their games they they control and monitor. Was the same for Bungie. And i think Actvisin also has their own servers. Some smaller publishers will use Live servers.

Bluntman, thank you for answering my questions. for an "old dude" like me( i'm 65 years old) playing COD, this is the best "hand eye "coordination and focus exercise on the planet.

[quote user="SANDRABEE 007"]for an "old dude" like me( i'm 65 years old)...[/quote]Looks at Avatar and GamerTag and feels really creeped out...

[quote user="LostKauz"]

[quote user="SANDRABEE 007"]for an "old dude" like me( i'm 65 years old)...[/quote]Looks at Avatar and GamerTag and feels really creeped out...

[/quote]Agreed.