Just wondering

ive asked xbl support on this issue and just wondering if anyones gota fix while i wait,

"

Hellow, heres the deal.

I have Xbox S with the 4gb hdd which filled up fast.

but mainly with dlc such as halo reach defient and heroic map pack (4gb gets you nowhere), borderlands save files and a few other games where the content is saved directly to the hdd not the profile

recently purchased a 250gb hdd, for 90 $ or w/e.

heres my question, is there a possibly way to transfer the content off the 4gb to the 250gb so that i can have both my borderlands saves,  so i can install dlc from GOTY edition, and also have my halo maps and dlc from reach also on there too?

"

any solutions anyone?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

By no means is this a definitive answer as I don't have that situation, but I believe that since the 4gb is really considered "internal" and your new 250gb is considered "external/extra", then there shouldn't even be a need to transfer over from the 4gb to the 250gb? Shouldn't they be considered separate memory storage areas (like memory cards), but both available to use at the same time?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

The 4 gb drive must be removed inn order to install the 250 gb drive.  All you need to do is transfer your game saves/gamertag to a jump drive, pop in the new drive and transfer it.  Then just redownload your DLC from your history.  No problem.

Sorry this didn't help.

The 4 gb is internal storage and is not removable. I bought the 4gb model and then got the 250 gb HDD and they are seperate from each other.

Sorry this didn't help.

Yep, I saw that recently.  (I'm new to the 4gb myself.  Disregard my last statement.  OP should just be able to move the files over to the hard drive if he needs to.

Sorry this didn't help.