Just joined xbox live, but can't seem to use my existing xbox profile?

Hi, I been playing my own games and have a current profile with a character, but when I joined xbox live today, I could only download the newly created profile and gamertag character.

How can I delete the newly downloaded gamertag profile and use my old original profile when logging into xbox live?

i.e., my old profile has my game level, named character: st3v3n8r, etc., and new one has 0 and a gamertag: CrumblyImp12794

Any help appreciated.

Steve

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

sounds like you entered it wrong and the system thinking the misspelled email or incorrect password is a new windows live ID and created a new account based on it.  you will have to contact support to get into your account using your original log in/password good luck.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

This may sound better...

I never hand an xbox live account before, so CrumblyImp12794 is a new profile created when I registered yesterday with my personal email address... That is all fine, and I can log into xbox live without a problem on the web and via my xbox 360 machine using 'CrumblyImp12794'.

Now... Being I never had an xbox live account before, I always played games on my xbox 360 using my created profile, gamertag: st3v3n8r

So, now that I have the xbox live account I would like to somehow change, or delete 'CrumblyImp12794' and use my original 'non-xbox live' created profile 'st3v3n8r', so I can maintain my gamer status.... Make sense??

Thanks for any further response.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there Crumbly,

Sorry to hear if there was some confusion.

It sounds like you had st3v3n8r as an offline account then when you created a free Xbox Live account you created a new GT.

What you will want to do is sign in to st3v3n8r on your console, then press the Guide button, then select Join Xbox Live. This will take your offline profile and make it a free online profile.

However, if you've used your personal e-mail and information to create this new GT, you will need to use a different e-mail to set up your st3v3n8r account. You will later be able to transfer your st3v3n8r Gamertag to a different Microsoft Account if you'd like using these steps, though you won't be able to do this for at least 30 days after you make the GT an online profile. 

Sorry this didn't help.

Yep! That's exactly what I did, but the confusion is on my part. I just jump in at creating the account and didn't research enough to get it right, anyway, I also discovered that I already had a Microsoft Live account that fortunately has the same email address that I used for the xbox live account, so I'll try to follow your response and get this little issue fixed.... Thanks Mister Fizzle.

Sorry this didn't help.

Mister Fizzle, Thanks for your help... I ended up creating a new account thru the xbox 360 machine, but it signed me 'st3v3n8r' out and assigned my yet another GT, but I went straight to my profile and changed the GT 'first time free' to st3v3n8r and is magically found me on my xbox 360 machine profile, so all is good now... I did setup a new account though, but still try to get my preferred email sorted out. Thanks again.

Sorry this didn't help.

Question was answered by Mister Fizzle

Sorry this didn't help.

Glad to hear it! Let us know if you run into any other questions. ^_^

Sorry this didn't help.