Just got blatently hack. With someone purchasing things on my account. XBOX DOES NOTHING!

Got a message saying I purchased MS points. Checked my recent status, it's says I have been on Madden (I dont have) with 1 achievement "starting an ultimate team."

Recovered my email. Found that a (mod edit) was attached to it.

HOW THE HELL CAN MICROSOFT SEND ME AN EMAIL SAYING

We did not find any evidence that your account was compromised.

HOW DARE THEY.!

I will fight this for a month if I have to.

What on earth can I do? I'll never be heard. They will just though me out like another one of their money making sapplings that they suckle from.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

just remember that if you try to get a refund or decline payments to XBL then the account in question will be suspended until all payments are resolved.

I think your account got phished. change your windows live id and all your passwords. even to ur other accounts like paypal, amazon,ebay, etc

Call your bank and have them decline the charges.

I had my paypal connected to my xbox account. Will I still be able to decline the charge even thought it has already been taken out and gone through paypal?

Thanks for the reply btw.

Why will you only fight it for a month?  What happens after that month is up... will you give up?

Ladies & gentlemen, please remember to keep your Windows Live ID password & your EA server password different.  Thank you, and have a nice day.

[quote user="iiCrofty x"]

I had my paypal connected to my xbox account. Will I still be able to decline the charge even thought it has already been taken out and gone through paypal?

Thanks for the reply btw.

[/quote]

Yes, PayPal will refund it. They're good for doing things like that since they actually value their customers when stuff like this happens. Just make sure to tell them you've called Xbox LIVE and reported it and etc. 

-

They'll be more than happy to help.

Call xbox support immediately.  In US it's 18004MYXBOX.  They will lock and recover your account, after you verify your information.  They should also reimburse any Microsoft points lost during the compromise, but it takes a few days.  In the meantime, change all of your passwords, notify Paypal and your bank.

Contact ebay. Call xboxlive support. That is all you can do. We are just users here we can't do anything here.

Don't know why I said ebay when I meant paypal.

Change your Windows Live ID

Change your Password.  Make sure it's very long, with upper and lower-case letters, numbers, and special characters (like $, %, #, etc...).  Write it down if you have to.  

Do 'Protect Profile'.  This makes it so if anybody has your ID and password saved on a console of theirs, they'll have to re-enter your new ID and password.  

"Computer steps: Remotely require a profile password

1. Go to My Account.
  2. Under Settings & Preferences, click Xbox 360 Profile Protection.
  3. Sign in with the Microsoft account (email address and password) that is associated with your Xbox LIVE account.
  4. Select Protect Profile to require that your profile be redownloaded from Xbox LIVE, using your Microsoft account and password, before it can be used on a console. Any existing copies of your profile will no longer work, and profile changes or achievements that are not saved to Xbox LIVE will be lost."

If you still see weird things happening, contact MS via 1-800-4MY-XBOX and ask them about an "Unauthorized access investigation" and decide if you want to take that step.  They will shut down your access to Live while they do whatever they do.  You might not have access to Xbox Live for 3-5 weeks.