Just got a Xbox 360!

I've always been a PC gamer but this year I moved home so cant use my old PC due to space issues so my lovely wife just brought me an Xbox 360 for my birthday.

Im loving it so far but I've come on here with a few questions. If I've put this in the wrong forum please let me know.

1. Will I get in trouble for buying second hand games and attempting enter any redeemable codes that come with them?

2. If I buy a years live membership from amazon will that be ok?

3. Any games or accessory's people can recommend.

Thanks!

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Gears 3 is a good game recommendation,  also a play and charge kit.   Those are the 2 key thing id recommend.  Also dont forget you can format a USB stick 1gb or larger to use as a 360 memory card that can go up to 16gb.

I'd suggest getting a Kinect if you're liking your 360 experience. It's very party/family oriented but it's a lot of fun. A lot of serious, or 'pro' gamers seem to hate it for some odd reason but it's definitely worth it. Kinect Sports, Kinect Adventures and Wreckateer (an Arcade game) are good fun.

Hello. and welcome. I would recommend all Halo games, except for Halo wars I`m not into stragedy games if you are go with it. I would also recommend mass effect games all three were good. Also recommend dead space 1 and 2, and also crysis 1 and 2 and red dead redeption and naruto ninja storm gennerations and for racing forza 4.

Hey welcome to xbox!  I love mine.  I think most of your questions were answered . . . (the 250g hard drive should be plenty big enough).  When I buy from gamestop, I tend to buy the unused titles if I know there is included tlc (like Borderlands game of the year edition) so that the codes are all still unused.  It I am just pawing through the 5 dollar bin, I don't think about it too much. . . .  Halo reach is a prequel and I liked it.  Many people were disappointed with it, but I loved the four player online option.  Love Gears of War also.  So, have fun!

It's good you didn't get a PS3. Why? The Xbox 360 has more social stuff such as the Xbox LIVE party chat and other features. Put it like this, BOTH systems have their ups & downs.

-

Also, welcome to the community and the forums! I, myself, am just now getting into PC gaming. It seems that me and you are doing the exact opposite, LOL.

Hey op, I would recomend you get your hands on some older and cheaper titles. I can say Just Cause 2 and DeusEX HR are brilliant on the XB. I have 2 PS3's and 2 360's myself, I think I just prefer the ms controller to be honest. But I do think that it's a great console even though my Lappie is technically better

You can still play Halo 2 on the 360 though as it is backwards compatible.  After Halo 3 they kind of moved away from the hero (Master Chief).  Halo 4 brings him back into the story line.

[quote user="Marcus Q80"]

[quote user="onyx62is"]

If you're going to look into the Halo series, I would recommend starting with Halo Anniversary edition.  It is a remake of the first Halo game from the original console.  You can then move on from there to Halo 2 and Halo 3 if you like.  

I've got Halo 4 on pre-order for October when it comes out.  Definitely looking forward to it.

[/quote]

Is Halo 2 on the 360 or is it from the old Xbox? Can I complete all 3 before october? oh and what is Halo Reach?

Cheers

[/quote]

Halo 2 was on the original xbox but they took down servers for them years ago. (Halo 2 was the game that made online FPS famous) Reach is the 4th Halo but it's multiplayer was AWFUL. Even Halo 3 was better then Reach. Halo anniversary is ok but it's multiplayer used the Reach system. But it's campaign mode is worth it though.

[quote user="onyx62is"]

If you're going to look into the Halo series, I would recommend starting with Halo Anniversary edition.  It is a remake of the first Halo game from the original console.  You can then move on from there to Halo 2 and Halo 3 if you like.  

I've got Halo 4 on pre-order for October when it comes out.  Definitely looking forward to it.

[/quote]

Is Halo 2 on the 360 or is it from the old Xbox? Can I complete all 3 before october? oh and what is Halo Reach?

Cheers

[quote user="TheDigitalDoom"]

I have 4 kids, hence the 3 PS3s. Coulda just bought them all bluray players and internet tvs for Netflix but cheaper just to get PS3s. Plus...it's just a good system that's a great value.

I suppose that if the games were your only deciding factor then you will be happy with the 360. Me personally, I've just had a difficult time bringing myself to pay equal money for less features. It's all about the value of my dollar. Not to mention that I just really don't like Microsoft all that much. My kids have wanted a 360 for a couple years but I just couldn't bring myself to do it.

Last week I came into an extra $200 so finally broke down and bought them a 360 and so far it's OK. Will take some adjusting since I've never owned any Microsoft system before. But all in all, it's not too bad a system I suppose. I just can't for the life of me figure how they justify the price tag. When it comes to the games, both PS3 and 360 have a good amount of exclusives. They both are pretty equal on the 3rd party games but when it comes to the extra stuff, the 360 just fails IMO. I don't see how they sell the things for equal price as a system that has so much more to offer.

Anyway...I hope you enjoy your 360. Never to worry, you can not get into trouble by trying codes that have been used before. You just get a message letting you know that it's no good. Buying Live cards from Amazon is OK, just make sure they are from your region and I would think you'll have no issues. As far as games....can't help you much there. The only 360 exclusives I know of are Halo series and while I hear kids talking about them like they are great, I just don't much enjoy space soldier type games....just not my thing.

If you do ever get a PS3 though I would suggest Little Big Planet 1 and 2, Uncharted 1, 2 and 3, God Of War series, DC Universe Online (free MMO), MAG and DUST514 (in beta now but it's great).

[/quote]

I totally understand why you 3 PS3 now, it makes good sense. At the end of the day I loved gaming on my PC but because we moved into smaller property I had to stop using the pc as we did not have the room for it. The games I was playing on the PC were available on the Xbox and at the end of the day that's what's helped me make my choice. Although there is one game not on the Xbox that I did enjoy playing and that is DC Universe Online, that game was amazing but it wll always be an incentive to me getting a PS3 in the future.

Cheers for the advice and I hope you enjoy your 360 as much as I am enjoying mine.

All the best and if you ever fancy a match online just let me know.