-= Just Getting Started =-

Hey people, So i'm getting my first Xbox 360 today, but I heard there were loads of diffrent types out there. Which is the best one for starting out? also what games do you recommend?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Depending on what Retailer you go into they will all do different package deals, so it all depends on what games you like to play or want to try out. Good Luck with your choice

I'd go for the Xbox 360S with the hard drive. The model without a hard drive won't have enough storage for games and other content when you go online. As for games, it's all about taste. I don't know what you like so I'll list a few games available and maybe you'll be able to find them cheap. There are a ton of games coming out soon as well, which you may want, such as Battlefield 3 and Modern Warfare 3. Anyhow, here we go:

• Call of Duty: Black Ops
  • Grand Theft Auto IV
  • Battlefield: Bad Company 2
  • Red Dead Redemption
  • Forza Motorsport 3
  • SHIFT 2: Unleashed
  • Driver: San Francisco
  • Gears of War / Gears of War 2 / Gears of War 3

As mentioned, whatever you do make sure you get one with a hard drive, don't think your gonna save a few quid now by buying the 4gb version because you will need to upgrade later.

Other than that just pick up the best deal you can, search hotukdeals.com because most of the work will have been done for you.

Get a 250GB Slim, lots of deals out at the moment, check here:  www.hotukdeals.com/.../hot

As already said there are some great deals going about just now for the 250g , I would stay away from the 4g xbox

Some great games for you to enjoy and you should also get yourself some xbox points as there are some amazing arcade games to get

Trials HD

Splosion Man / Ms Splosion Man

Peggle

Shadow Complex

just some great arcade games in my opinion

You will also get a free month of xbox live to try the online side of things but im pretty sure you will need to make a new gamertag on your xbox if you want to try it

Thanks guys, I looked up on some games.

I like the look of Red Dead Redemption & Fallout 3

I heard Red Dead was a open world and has a great story too. And Fallout 3 is looking kinda sweet. kinda reminds me of a movie I watch ( book of eli )?

and loads more, I like the look of Skyrim too, it's the reson I'm getting the xbox 360 ^,^

Fallout 3 is a brilliant game, although i recommend buying the Game Of The Year Edition as it comes with all of the additional download content.  Also if you like the look of Skyrim, you might want to try Oblivion as well which is a great game.

Oh your right! oblivion does look good. oh its gonna be close out of that and Fallout 3.

at any rate, i'm off to buy a xbox 360!

Mass Effect > Fallout 3

Dont overlook games like Mass Effect, Mass Effect 2, Dragon Age Origins and Dragon Age 2.