Just charged for the third time for Live, despite not having an xbox for over a year

I have just been charged 53.88$ for xboxlive despite having not only been charged for Live in June of 2010 and April of 2011 I sold my xbox in december 2009 after wiping it clean.  Each time I have called and had them deactivate my account (despite not having recieved a refund of the 15$ each time, but this time is a lil too much)

So, before I call them yet again in the morning, is there a way to permanently delete my windows live account as I never plan to own an xobx again?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

No. You can call and have them "cancel" the account, but it will not work in the way your are thinking.  All that happens is that MS will lock the account so that noone (including you!) can ever use it again.  But the account will stay floating around in the servers.  So if someone tries to reuse your previous GT, they will get the now-infamous "GT taken" message.  I know this because several years ago my mother accidentally created a brand-new account while trying to renew her old one.  I called Support and they did the lock out, but even now, I can log into that account and it is still here: no GS, no Friends, no Achevievements, no nothing, but it still exists in the system.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.