Just Cause 3 hinted at by Avalanche

Avalanche Studios could be hinting at a new Just Cause game if a new holiday card which has been sent around by the studio is anything to go by.

The card, seen below, seems to make quite a few references to Just Cause, also accompanied by the words "Nearly There."

The studio could be referring to Xmas of course, but we wouldn't be against Just Cause 3 being just around the corner.

I shall personally be keeping my fingers crossed for Just Cause 3, just started playing Just Cause 2 again recently and IMO it's still one of the best games around.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

The original remains one of the best games released on the 360 and while the 2nd one was a forgettable experience for me it still had some great ideas and hinted at the potential that was reached in "Far Cry 3".

Az

[quote user="Mister BuzzBee"]

just started playing Just Cause 2 again recently and IMO it's still one of the best games around.
[/quote]
Without a shadow of a doubt. I'd go as far to say that it's easily one of the best this decade, and then some.
Why this game was not as well received by a fair few review sites is laughable at best.
8.0 on gamespot?
8/10 on eurogamer?
8.8 on IGN??
C'mon. When I see the reviews after playing the game since it came out (And still do, it''s bloody massive..), it makes me weep to think that these so called game reviewers are reviewing games but sadly missing the mark on why we play these games to begin with. As in, for fun!
It's a technological marvel to start with with. And thats before you get to the bucket loads of fun you can have with it.
I'm glad I'm a cynical old sod sometimes when it comes to these so called "Review" sites, half the reviewers need taking out back and flogging.

@ autana79 ..

Totally agree! People always mention games like GTA, Far Cry etc for their scale but I think Just Cause 2 is alot better/bigger still! The other day I was flying around in a helicopter and it took me ages to get from one side of the map to the other and you could land anywhere and the detail is amazing.

And that's not including the tons of missions, side missions, things to find, the vehicles, whether they be cars, trucks, bikes, tractors, boats, helicopters, planes that you can use and go absolutely anywhere.

Stunning game!

I think it suffers from the same problem as "Fuel".

It was too big.

There may have been lots to do but though the size was impressive I found it kind of empty and a bit dull.

I remember being so excited when I saw fish in the sea.

I swam for ages trying to get eaten by a shark.

Unfortunately that never happened.

Ahead of it's time certainly.

Az

[quote user="Azrael008uk"]

I think it suffers from the same problem as "Fuel".

It was too big.

There may have been lots to do but though the size was impressive I found it kind of empty and a bit dull.

I remember being so excited when I saw fish in the sea.

I swam for ages trying to get eaten by a shark.

Unfortunately that never happened.

Ahead of it's time certainly.

Az

[/quote]

Can't say I agree there!

For a game this size it has plenty going on all over the place, whether it's just a small village, a town right up to a big base to take over. When I started playing it again the main thing I done first was just to drive/fly about, once you open up individual areas ( meaning locate areas on the map ) the map is absolutely full of things to see and do, it's definately a game you need to give alot of time to though, no good just playing for an hour or two and looking on the map and saying there's not alot there because there definately is once you've travelled about.

Can't say I agree there!

For a game this size it has plenty going on all over the place, whether it's just a small village, a town right up to a big base to take over. When I started playing it again the main thing I done first was just to drive/fly about, once you open up individual areas ( meaning locate areas on the map ) the map is absolutely full of things to see and do, it's definately a game you need to give alot of time to though, no good just playing for an hour or two and looking on the map and saying there's not alot there because there definately is once you've travelled about.

[/quote]

Fair play to ya.

If we all liked the same thing the world would be a dull place.

Az

[quote user="Azrael008uk"]

Can't say I agree there!

[/quote]

Fair play to ya.

If we all liked the same thing the world would be a dull place.

Az

[/quote]

100% agree there fella!

fantastic game and some of the scenery still looks spectacular.

Just Cause 2 was an absolute joy to play. Been waiting for news of a third one for ages

I would love a Just Cause 3. If they just polish it up a bit, add some new ideas, features and cool or whacky stuff, plus some multiplayer fun with friends and it would be freaking awesome!