Just bought new HD TV - can't connect my Xbox!

I've just bought a new Samsung HD TV to replace one that went bang! The TV is excellent and when I saw the price snapped it up, without fully checking the connection options - schoolboy error!!

I have the original Arcade Xbox 360 and had previously connected to my old TV via the coloured AV connections, allowing a superior picture on HD TV. My new TV only has HDMI or Scart connections, so with no HDMI option from my old Xbox, I have had to connect the red, white and yellow AV connectors via Scart, which only allows a much poorer picture quality, although playing on a better TV!

The options I have are, carry on playing with inferior picture quality, or splash out for a new Xbox with HDMI output. Unless anyone can suggest anything obvious I may have neglected to thing of?? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 38 Applies to:

See if the store you bought the telly from has a returns policy and take full advantage of it. Failing that I'd stick with your current console and keep on the look out for any good deals on new consoles.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

As far as I know the arcade system has an hdmi connection on the back of the system unless you happen to own the old core system before the arcade one came, but you would need an hdmi cable to connect it that way. It is same spot as 360 antenna connection, as the 360 lays horizontal the hdmi connection be below the antenna connection.

Sorry this didn't help.

Maybe this image would help

www.bing.com/.../search

Sorry this didn't help.

Unfortunately I have the Xbox with no HDMI slot! Thanks for the help anyway. Really tempted to splash out on the slim Xbox, but think my head will win and i'll stick with the poorer picture via Scart for the time being!

Sorry this didn't help.