JRPGs on Xbox One

What is Microsoft doing, if anything to get more jrpgs on Xbox One? The lack of jrpgs on the 360 is laughable compared to PS3 and it looks like more of the same this gen. Come on Microsoft get more jrpgs! Turn based, real time, strategy...I'll take anything at this point.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 15 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

The new Final Fantasy is going to be cross platform.  Does that count?  Also not sure if Might and Magic X is going to be PC only

Errrr...

Good luck with that....

Don't blame MS. Blame the people that don't buy them on MS consoles when they used release on MS consoles.

The 360 had a small boom of JRPGS are one point, Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey to name a couple. Unfortunately, if nobody buys them then the devs will stop making them. Combine it with the fact that a lot of devs send them to PS because it is Japanese and has usually sold better in Japan, it makes sense really.

-

As already mentioned though, Final Fantasy is cross platform and I doubt that will be the only one you'll see.

We need another Blue Dragon.

>

Peace, J.R.

I'd like to see some JRPG's on the X1 as well. Unfortunately, that's not likely to happen. With the exception of Final Fantasy, JRPG's typically don't sell on the xbox platform. I bought all the good ones that came out last gen. Alas, I am only one man.

Eternal Sonata was amazing and i'd love to see more unique JRPGs like it. never got very far in Blue Dragon, but i did like what i played.

I used to like yu gi ho, but they made it to expensive to play, although not a jrpg as such.

I always planned to get blue dragon but never did, not sure if its because there were other games out at the time, or just becuase t wasn't well marketed, I know it had good reviews but nothing more.

I think the reasons why FF games don't sell is because the franchise has released some very poor games the last few titles.

[quote user="PUDDIN DAGGER"]

I think the reasons why FF games don't sell is because the franchise has released some very poor games the last few titles.

[/quote]You seem to be confused. Final Fantasy is the only JRPG franchise that sells well on the Xbox.