Japan/US Disc and Account Cross Question

So I am going to Japan this summer again and this time, I will be buying some Japanese horror DVDs. I also might get a Japanese Xbox 360 over there. So...

1. For the DVDs, the region code is different (NTSC to NTSC-1 or PAL, etc.) and so is there a way to play those discs on a US (NTSC) console?

2. Is it possible to log in to my account on the Japanese Xbox and function correctly?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

[quote user="Hawk7k"]1. For the DVDs, the region code is different (NTSC to NTSC-1 or PAL, etc.) and so is there a way to play those discs on a US (NTSC) console?[/quote]Japanese DVDs are Region 2, NTSC. Correct video format, but wrong region number. They will not play on a US XBOX 360.[quote user="TomGu"]Of course, to use your console in another country you will also need to purchase an appropriate power supply to work with the local standard.[/quote]USA power bricks will work in Japan. They are rated for 100-127v, 47-63hz operation. Japan power standards are 100v, 50/60hz.

What may be a problem is the AC end of the power cable. Japanese power cables are not polarized. US cabling is. The 360 dropped three-prong soon after release, so that shouldn't be an issue. A local electronics shop should be able to provide a compatible outlet to power brick cable.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Sorry, I missed the part about DVD movies.  You will likely run into the same issue with region-locked video DVDs. If there is no region locking in your way, I believe you can get around the differences between PAL and NTSC by using an HDMI connection to your TV instead of a component or composite connection.

Of course, to use your console in another country you will also need to purchase an appropriate power supply to work with the local standard.

Sorry this didn't help.

1. You can play only region free games, reffer to this guide what worx

www.play-asia.com/paOS-00-3-xbox360_compatibility_guide-49-de.html

2. Yes it is possible, you will have to download your profile (or if it is just the summer - then why not make a new one?)

Sorry this didn't help.

Some games are region locked and others are not.  For the games which are region locked, you will not be able to play them on a console from a different region.  You can use this site to verify which games will work in which regions: http://regionfreexbox.com/

Yes, you should be able to log in to a Japanese Xbox, but you will likely not be able to download any content which is filtered from the Japanese market while also not being able to download content that is not allowed in your home market.  

Sorry this didn't help.