It pains me..

but I have decided to postpone my pc build.  With all the talk from both camps regarding the strength of their consoles. I have come to the conclusion I dont trust the reports put forth by either company.  Nor do I trust the major gaming publications.  So in the essence of fairness have decided to get both consoles.  To do a fair USER side by side comparison.  The companiescan claim greatness but the true test will be actual constant use by gamers

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

You can't go wrong getting both systems. People that say Sony sucks or Microsoft's Xbox brand sucks are just blind fanboys.

-

Just be a gamer and get both. It's the best decision if you can afford them. If I didn't have a couple children to buy Christmas presents for I would buy both this Holiday season.

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Wow army, hope you will give us your usual honest review :) unless this is a start of a lordray :p

This thread is about as close to a Kumbayah moment I have seen in a long time. I may shed a tear...

move along kiddeth no reason to start a flame war

Well I decided to hold off upgrading my PC until towards the end of 2014. That way I can see what's happening in PC land an build a more cost effective rig that'll allow me to take advantage of the extra PC grunt but not be wasteful given these consoles will be the baseline for the next 5 years for PC gaming any way. So there's no point shooting too far away from that baseline as you just end up with mostly wasted horse power.

I always intended on getting both next-gen systems before either was announced any way. It was only Microsoft's complete mishandling of the Xbox One's launch that put me right off... and ironically convinced me to finally pick up a Wii U. Since they've remembered not to annoy the customer I feel happier about getting both again. I won't be doubling up on games though like I did last gen (current gen?). Just don't see the point this time around. Most of my gaming buddies from both PS3 and 360 have said they're going PS4 first this time round. So I suppose I'm the opposite of RippenHarra, for me the Xbox One will be for exclusives only.

[quote user="ArmyMedic75"]but I have decided to postpone my pc build.  With all the talk from both camps regarding the strength of their consoles. I have come to the conclusion I dont trust the reports put forth by either company.  Nor do I trust the major gaming publications.  So in the essence of fairness have decided to get both consoles.  To do a fair USER side by side comparison.  The companies can claim greatness but the true test will be actual constant use by gamers[/quote]I don't really understand your logic if I am being honest.

You don't trust either Microsoft or Sony, or publications reporting on their systems, so you are going to buy both?

What if it turns out that both have lied and you've 'done your money'.

Surely it would make more sense to continue with your PC build and put off buying either of the two new systems and wait for feedback on them from people you do trust. 

[quote user="ArmyMedic75"]

but I have decided to postpone my pc build.  With all the talk from both camps regarding the strength of their consoles. I have come to the conclusion I dont trust the reports put forth by either company.  Nor do I trust the major gaming publications.  So in the essence of fairness have decided to get both consoles.  To do a fair USER side by side comparison.  The companiescan claim greatness but the true test will be actual constant use by gamers

[/quote]

That makes 2 of us lol.

Well I never ruled out a future PS4 purchase but the wife and my mother inlaw have paid for me to get a PS4 on launch as a late birthday present so I won't complain ;)

Personally though I won't be doing any comparisons, this sort of thing doesn't really interest me and as I've always said, I really don't believe there will be a great difference between the two, I honestly don't.

I'm just looking forward to playing next gen games.

I am getting, most likely a XBone. I have a PS4 on order. It is a long time till November and I will see what happens. Plenty of time for revelations both ways.

[quote user="ArmyMedic75"]

No because to be honest my children and wife still prefer the ease of use that a console has to offer.  We were going to eventually get both consoles it was just a matter of when.  Besides the pc landscape is changing to much at the current moment waiting for the new line of cpu and gpu to make the scene lol

[/quote]

While I thankfully don't have any mini-me's yet the missus is exactly the same. She's a massive Elder Scrolls fan. I've tried convincing her to play Skyrim on my PC as it's a gazillion times better than the console versions, especially with mods. But nope, she prefers joypads and consoles. I get it though, the consoles are way easier to use... normally. I'll be getting consoles primarily because the communities around games are genuinely more vibrant (note I didn't say better) and that's important. Plus the exclusives that you only get on consoles normally end up being some of the best games around... annoyingly.

I may be many things but hypocritical isnt one of them lol.  Truth be told I want both to be great.  My only problem is having to buy two copies of each multiplat.  Will let the wife try the kinect games(not my bag lol)