It begins Microsoft Quietly Region-Lock "Xbox One Digital Games And DLC", Error Code 0x87de07d1

Microsoft the DRM King is backtracking yet again.

"It seems like Microsoft has quietly made Xbox One digital games "Region-Lock", it was activated last month and the firm also deleted game licenses from gamertags. Now as a result of this new restriction, download keys bough abroad will no longer work, Xbox One players will receive error message along with this code: "0x87de07d1"."

http://www.gamepur.com/news/13547-microsoft-quietly-region-lock-xbox-one-digital-games-and-dlc-error-code-0x8.html

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 151 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I'm fine with that, if it was me I would bring back the original DRM that Microsoft announced back at E3 last year.

Anecdotal evidence != a story.

I am ok with this. Anyone with an xbox one can get digital titles directly on the console. This will only crack down on people trying to resell code cards on the internet.

Codes being locked to regions is normal. They do the same for Xbox Live cards. Locking it after the fact would appear to be a bug.

I have no plans to play my Xbox One in another country so this is fine with me.

This is not new.

[quote user="ThanatosXRS"]

Microsoft the DRM King is backtracking yet again.

[/quote]

Codes have always been region locked.

That is confirmed? wow, if it's true... it's a shame.

Why can't we down vote these threads?

lol sony are the same u cant play digital games in other countries anyways this is nothing new i see u r trying to put the xbox one down yet again