Issues with Xbox Live Party connection

My friend and I cannot connect to each other's party. We have both tested our connections and have not gotten and NAT errors. UPNP is also enabled on both of our routers. What else could be wrong and how can we fix it? If it matters, my connection is wired and my friend's is wireless.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

Hey there matey!

You may also want to try making sure that the required ports are forwarded on your router settings. There are 4 necessary ports required to be open for Xbox LIVE to run efficiently. (Please note: You will have to disable UPnP primarily for the opening of the ports to take effect as they both cannot be enabled at the same time.) These 4 ports are the following:

• Port 88 (UDP)
  • Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)
  • Port 53 (UDP and TCP)
  • Port 80 (TCP)

For more information on how to forward the ports, please view the Xbox Network Ports support page.

It may also be worth a try in looking at the Xbox LIVE Lag support page. This page will show you the minimum network requirements and ask you to test your connection on the specified sites to see if the connection meets the criteria necessary, as well as other solutions that could potentially resolve your issue. 

Here are some home remedies (which may be shown in some of the support pages provided) that could help or solve your issue.

• Try a wired connection (if not on one already)
  • Disconnect all other devices from your router. I.E iPods, Phones, Laptops etc...
  • Turn your router off for 10-15 minutes
  • Contact your Internet Service Provider (ISP) requesting for a boost on your connection (some providers follow through with this request, however not all. But is worth a try)

If none of the above works, please post back with the following information:

What Country/State/Province do you live in? 
Modem brand & model number: 
Router brand & model number: 
If Wireless, are you using a white or black external adapter, or an internal (Xbox 360S) adapter?
Things you have tried: 
Is UPnP Enabled? Yes/no/Unknown
Do you have a NAT error? If so, what is your NAT type?
Any Error Codes you encounter: 
Who is your ISP(Internet Service Provider)? 
After you run "Test Xbox LIVE connection" press “Y” for "More Info”. In the pop-up that appears, what are the following values, if shown? (If a value below does not appear for you, just leave it blank.)
W:
X:
Y:
Z:
ID:
L:
Q:
T:
D:
S:
C:

Hope this helps.

Keep us posted!

Thanks. :)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.