Issues with Minecraft for Windows 10

A while back when Microsoft first bought Mojang I used the code I was given to get Minecraft for Windows 10. Originally I had no issues with the game, but recently I tried to re-download Minecraft in order to play with my friends on Xbox One. First, the Microsoft store said that the app would not work with my device, even though windows was fully updated. The past 2 weeks I just can not find Minecraft for Windows 10 in the store, and when I manage to get to the page through browsers, etc. it says Minecraft for windows 10 is no longer available for download, which I highly doubt. I have tried everything I could find on the internet and would like some help. 

***Moved from Windows 10/Microsoft Store***

Hi nibbiebrownie,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums.

We've seen a few other similar threads recently about the Windows 10 edition of Minecraft that was redeemed from the code provided by Mojang either being downloaded as a trial or asking those who redeemed it previously to re-buy the license.

I suggest checking your Microsoft account's order history and also the games owned by the account by visiting the two following links:

Let us know if you can find evidence that your account still owns the game license for Minecraft Windows 10 edition.

Best Wishes,
Diego
Xbox Forums Support

(๑ˆ◡ˆ๑)ノ

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi, you need to update the app "Microsoft Store" in your computer, you need to verify the requirements to play the game, you need to be sure to log in with your account with the game was bought.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the same issue. I have restarted Store app Cache, done what the troubleshooting forums say for "cache" issues on Microsoft store, but still can't download the game. I bought 2 codes, one of them for a friend of mine. He managed to install it with no problems but I can't.

Isn't there a way to get the download file and then link the game? I've wasted almost my entire Saturday trying to fix windows problems when getting the installation file would be easier.

Please let me know if there is a way to fix this issue. I've tried reinstaling Store app, clening cache, windows store webpage... I have my computer as a device but when i click install it doesnt appear as an option....

Please let me know. Thanks

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello!

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We will be locking this thread due to it being revived by a new post. If there are any questions, discussions or issues that anyone would like to bring to our attention, please create a new thread. We will be more than happy to answer any questions or provide solutions for any issues. Thank you again and happy gaming!

\(^ω^\)

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated August 18, 2021 Views 1,560 Applies to: