Issues Moving Gamer Tag

Hello, I recently signed up for a year of Xbox Live Gold on this Microsoft Account. What I didn't realize is that would force a gamertag onto the account. Unfortunately, I already had a gamertag with years of game saves on it. I found the steps to moving my old gamertag onto this Microsoft account in hopes that would give me access to Xbox Live Gold services on my preferred gamertag: http://support.xbox.com/en-US/billing-and-subscriptions/account-management/switch-gamertag-to-different-microsoft-account

So I created a new Microsoft account (TempMicrosoft we'll call it).

I attempted to move the unwanted gamertag from my Microsoft account to the TempMicrosoft account. At the final step I received this message: "Sorry, we can't change your Microsoft account right now."

So then of course I read this part: "

• You can move a gamertag to a different Microsoft account only once every 30 days.
  • This includes new gamertags downloaded from Xbox LIVE"

But of course, I HAD to download the gamertag to my XBox from XBox Live because there is no way move a gamertag from a Microsoft account via your computer.

So I'm paying for a month of XBox Live Gold on a microsoft account not attached to my Gamertag and I cannot move my gamertag to that account because a gamertag was forced onto my Microsoft account when signing up for XBox Live Gold.

That doesn't seem right, now does it?

$5 isn't a lot to lose, but I've literally spent hours trying to figure out this issue only to find I cannot resolve it for a month. A month WITHOUT the service I've paid for.
This of course, isn't even to mention the fact that I waited over an hour for costumer support online chat the other night only to have the employee end the chat session without having helped me.

Can someone please help me?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Hi, it's not actually possible to move your gamertag, you move the email associated with it, meaning if you moved this email to your other gamertag, this gamertag will still have the gold subscription. Unfortunately there isn't anything you can do to move the gold status to elsewhere, if you want to use gold on your original account you will have to pay again, sorry.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.