Issues loading the new Update

Ok, after the Fall Dashboard Update for some weird reason my 360 has been increasingly getting slower. I did some poking around on the net and people said it could be resolved with a quick cache clearing. I did all that, even erased old games I don't play and saves to free up space. But nothing has worked. Ive got the FFXIII Xbox 360 Elite with the 250 GB Hard Drive and its never caused me troubles until now.

After days of slow downs I got pretty fed up and decided to just format my hard drive, as to start new in hopes that it'll somehow restore my 360 to its previous response time. I even uninstalled the update just to make sure that wasn't the problem. After it was all fresh and empty I noticed it was back to being fast on the old dashboard before the Fall Update, the one that introduced the pins and suggestion things.

I installed some games on it that I play often and even transferred my Profiles and Saves from my old 1GB USB flash drive I have. Everything was great up until I got onto live and installed the update yet again. Once the update was installed for the second time, after formatting my Hard Drive, all of a sudden my saves and profiles started become randomly corrupt for no reason at all. The only thing I could think of was that the update somehow messed something up or I didnt download it correctly. SO I uninstalled it yet again to fix yet another problem it has caused me. But this time things became far worse. Now the Update wont download at all and it's giving me an error 8007-045D even though when I decline it and check my settings there the Hard Drive is listed(An old 250 GB Elite Hard Drive BTW).

So what gives? Has the update somehow managed to corrupt not only my saves and profiles but now my Hard Drive too?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

I recommend STOP playing the xbox as it seems it only makes the issue worse. Call 1-800-4-MY-XBOX and see what they say.If you still have warranty, send in your xbox and let them fix it. Hope this helps! Good luck!

-Star

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I think its a Hard drive problem here, Not an Xbox problem. With the Hard drive unplugged and your 1GB flashdrive plugged in does it download the update?

Sorry this didn't help.

Ive tried using just the USB, the update downloads and works. Afterwards I plug in my Hard Drive and it's there and everything, I'm able to download stuff. My data keeps getting randomly corrupt though. And when it comes to online games I can download things down my History list no problem but more recent things wont even show up or will stop at 99% when I try loading them to my Hard Drive. Then trying to move my profile from Hard Drive to USB will say "Problem performing that action."

Sorry this didn't help.

It seems to me that your Hard drive is going dead. You'll need to get a new one if thats the case

Sorry this didn't help.

Is there no way that Microsoft replaces or repairs faulty Hard Drives? Because I dont think I could find a replacement for mine very easily as it is the limited edition FFXIII 250 GB Hard Drive.

Sorry this didn't help.

I have this issue too. Plus dashboard not loading on startup. Seems the latest update has broken certain hard drives for some reason. I have gears of war 320gb slim. Don't see why we should have to buy a new hard drive when its the update that has done the damage!

Sorry this didn't help.

This is a link to another, busier thread on this topic. forums.xbox.com/.../386738.aspx

Good luck to all with this issue, I have given up waiting for a fix and WILL NOT be giving xbox any more money!

Sorry this didn't help.

Miss Ermine will probably turn up here either asking you to create your own thread so she can tell you individually to pay xbox to fix it. Or she will come to tell us all to pay xbox to fix it. Either way, it will not help.

Sorry this didn't help.