Issues From Xbox 1 Updates

I have noticed 2 issues affecting my xbox 1 after 2 specific console updates. If this is happening to me, I assume others as well.

Relating to update  OS version: 6.2.12998.0 (xb_rel_1506.150601-2200) fre which was supposed to improve party chat functionality has resulted in poorer performance. Party chat disconnects randomly (reported elsewhere in forum) and frequently does not transition from game chat when joining into a party. It generally shows as being in the party but game chat remains active and it requires multiple attempts at moving between the two activate party chat.

Relating to update  OS version: 6.2.11785.0 (xb_rel_1411.141104-1838) fre which provided the restart now function, I have never been able to use it. Instead of restarting and power cycling, the console just shuts off. On the assumption that others are also experiencing this, I request that these be examined and address in a future update/patch.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

Hi Hydro,

I don't want to give the impression that I don't know what is going on. I am well versed with the various functions of the xbox1, so needless to say, because the restart function does not work in any of the modes, I have no choice but to do the hard reset. I am mainly bothered by a function that does not work and am looking for a fix. Thanks so much for responding to my post. You have been insightful.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Hydroskillet,

I am now on update 6.2.13194.0. The restart now function is still inconsistent (hardly ever works as intended). As for party chat, I have been using wifi since that particular update to improve party chat functionality as it was stated to help strict NAT issues as I have. Based on physical characteristics of my house, I cannot be hard wired and could not port forward because of being on an extender.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi IgKnightly,

So your NAT is Strict? If that is the case then it's very likely why you're having issues with your party chat. Port forwarding is usually handled by your router. In most cases irregardless if you're using a wireless network extender as long as your Xbox is on the same network the router is smart enough to open traffic to a specific IP. If you cannot get an open NAT then it's very likely that you'll continue to have these problems, and there will not be an update to the Xbox to fix this.

With the restart option, if I understand correctly you go to your settings, then power and startup, then select restart now, and the console simply turns off and does not turn back on?

MCP. MCDST. LVL 80

Sorry this didn't help.

With regard to the restart option, that is what I am saying. I will try the port forward again.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi IgKnightly, 

I'm assuming that you're currently on update 6.2.12998.0? if so did the power issues you were having resolved or are they still happening? With the chat issues, first are you wired or wireless and what is your current NAT status? You can see your NAT by pressing Menu, then settings, then network. Sometimes the Xbox does glitch, and disconnect people from Party Chat. How often does this happen? One thing to try for party chant is to open up port 88 for USB and port 3074 for UDP And TCP and forward those to the Xbox Console. 

MCP. MCDST. LVL 80

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi IgKnightly,

Does the restart not work in both "Instant On" and "Energy Saving" modes? You can find both of these in the same place where the "restart now" is located. Also if you're just trying to restart for cache reasons, I'd personally recommend doing the hard reset on the console. To do this, with the console on, hold the power button down for 5 seconds until it shuts down. Then just power it back on (works every time).

MCP. MCDST. LVL 80

Sorry this didn't help.