Issues connecting to certain players and getting repeatedly disconnected from xbox live

Hi there folks.

I have been having issues where I can sign into xbox live just fine but when I connect to one of my friends (I'll refer to him as player A) especially I can enter a party with him briefly before being booted out and being told I cannot connect again to the party and that I may have network issues. My other friends I can connect and join a party with just fine with no problems. Also when one of my other friends is in a party with me and player A we can both stay in a party fine and communicate but as soon those friends leave and I am just in a party with player A I am booted instantly from the party.

Also I have been playing games online sometimes and just been randomly been disconnected and then re-connect shortly after. I have to stress this particular problem does not happen all the time but is frustrating. I feel my internet connection is a good speed and close to pulling my hair out the amount of solutions I have tried to rectify the problem such as clearing the cache, turning router on/off, checking privacy settings, testing xbox live connection, trying another connection at another house but I am now getting to the point where I do not know what to do next.

The router I use is a Talk-Talk D-Link and the Model is: DSL-2680 Broadband Wireless ADSL2+ Router.

I am enquiring to what the possible problem could be and wondering any advice which could help me rectify it.

Thank you very much for your time.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 31 Applies to:

Greetings Dancj!
First of all, could you have your friend (Mr A) to post his or her issue in the same thread you've created.

Could you both run a diagnostic test to Xbox LIVE and let us know if you receive any error related to your NAT. Go to Xbox network settings and select Configure Network. Select Test Xbox LIVE Connection.

Is your console directly connected to the D-Link DSL-2680? State whether you connect wireless or wired with your console.

Is the D-Link (DSL-2680) deployed by your ISP?

Thank you!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Try this - hook your xbox directly into your cable modem (do not go through the router). Once hooked up, power up modem and xbox. Sign into xbox live, and then create a party. Invite "player A"......see if he can join. Post up with the results.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.