Issues after update!

I have had issues since my Xbox one updated today 15/02/14 and wondered if this happened to anyone else?

First of all i had to reboot the system (i usually leave it in standby) because i lost my TV signal although i had sound, i run my virgin media Tivo box through the system. This solved the problem.

I had to plug my joypad in via the USB to get it to turn on as it wouldn't work from the button.

Then later on while playing COD i pressed the home button on my joypad and lost picture completely (the TV itself still worked on other channels) but i still had sound. 

I had to turn off the console then hold the power button and the eject button so it would start in a lower resolution, i then had to change my display back to 1080p.

I started playing the LEGO Marvel demo and after a bit the controller kept turning off (I had a full charge).

When i got my Xbox one my controller got red hot in the battery compartment including the batteries, this was just when i first did the set up but was okay after that. I now i use an official rechargeable battery. Bit worried i have a faulty controller.

So far i am not impressed, anyone else had these issues? Is it software or hardware?

Cheers

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

I had the sound but no picture issue,I had just finished playing titanfall beta & went to go back to the dashboard.

so I pressed the guide button & lost the picture. Had to turn off the xbox & unplug the power supply then it was fine after that.

It is something to do with the update as I had no issues prior to the update & now these issues are starting.

remember the update was delayed & I think this may have been why.

If it is was hardware the picture wouldn't have came back after a display reset or power reset.

& it is funny that all the issues are happening to everybody who has one after the update coincidence I don't think so.

The dvd playback won't work either for my brother in law either, the sound plays but no picture goes back to the dashboard & no picture the power supply trick fixed it for him also.

The issue/s need to be fixed as this is ridiculous that an update can cause this much damage.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I am also seeing the guide button issue since the update when playing FIFA 14.  It doesn't happen every time I hit the guide button in-game, but it does happen every time I am in Career Mode.  Pressing the guide button killed the picture, but not the sound.  I couldn't turn turn the xbox off and back on through normal means and get the picture to return. It required a full power down of the xbox to get the picture back.

I didn't see any issues with the controller not turning on, and I haven't tried any DVDs

Sorry this didn't help.

Count me in as so experiencing this issue while playing CoD Ghosts. Microsoft please take the update back! My X1 worked perfectly prior to the update and now there are problems.

Sorry this didn't help.

xbox support is aware of the issue twitter.com/.../435458021343236096

so for now best not to play your xbox one for the time being or turn it off while still in game don't press the guide button at all.

Sorry this didn't help.

Posting in case this thread gets updated, same issues here

Sorry this didn't help.

from kotaku

Update: A Microsoft spokesperson has sent us the following statement:

"We are aware of the issue and are working on a resolution. This does not appear to be widespread, but can be addressed by the player by holding the Xbox One power button on the console for 10 seconds to restart."

Sorry this didn't help.