You can contact Xbox Support 1-800-4MYXBOX to guide you step by step to make this easier for you.Offline System Update Diagnostic Tool
The diagnostic tool should only be used to troubleshoot a console that’s having trouble downloading the system update from Xbox Live. Please exhaust all other troubleshooting before attempting this process, as the diagnostic tool file is a very large file and this troubleshooting process will take considerable time to complete. Troubleshooting can be found on Troubleshoot system updates on your Xbox One console
To perform the Offline System Update Diagnostic Tool, you’ll need:
- A USB flash drive formatted as NTFS with a minimum 2 gigabytes (GB) of space
- For instruction on how to format a USB thumb drive to NTFS using a Windows PC, please see the bottom of this article.
- A PC with an Internet connection and a USB port.
Helpful Hint: Most flash drives come formatted as FAT32, and you will need to format the USB to be NTFS.
- This process is designed for troubleshooting use only. If you are updating your system for the first time, you will still need to connect to the Xbox Live service.
- Read these instructions thoroughly before installing the update.