Issue with Parent Account Child Account

To whom it may concern,

As I write this letter I have spent the past 3 hours trying to get my xbox live microsoft account 'WhiteRoxas XIII' to accept  the new terms of uses with much issue.

I have a reference [Removed] which goes in depth over the course two hours. Here is a summary,

The parent account (Rei Mizuki) which governs my gamertag (WhiteRoxasXIII) was brought into effect with the new terms and conditions. Two issues have occurred, the first is that the e-mail address [Email Removed] - never post personal info on the forums. is a extremely old account which my mother owned that is unaccessible, the second is that I am 20 years old (I am willing to supply evidence of this claim). I have been jumped from department to department with no avail and on the verge of giving up on the usage of my own xbox 360. I tried to explain this to Arcee in the chat, but apparently the system will not allow edits despite the willingness to supply proof of ID etc. At one point, I believe it was a gentlemen called Phil, said that the account [Email Removed] - never post personal info on the forums. had no such link with a xbox live gamertag... Well that was proved. I tried to update the child account to a adult account via the parent gamertag and the option wasn't prompted. Arcee also said that the account was a child one despite it's creation by the age of 8th Octber 1993 (Clearly 20 years old).

I hope that this post doesn't go unheard of because I feel I have been jumped from department to department. I am currently awaiting a password reset for [Email Removed] - never post personal info on the forums. but I see in the future I will be declined this chance. That doesn't mean the issue is resolved, I would like to speak to a representative who is able to upgrade my account to adult account which I will back up with photographic ID.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 9 Applies to:

Hi,

You will need to first gain access to the parental account in order for you to be able to successfully agree to the terms and conditions. If you're a child account, if you're able to gain access to your account you should be able to promote your account from a child to an adult (assuming you're at least 18 years old) by following the directions given here.

You can only promote your account from a Xbox 360 console and the promotion process is only done when you initiate it when you've turned at least 18 years of age. This is not something that is done automatically at the age of 18.

The parent must agree to the new terms first and then you can login to your own account and accept them. If you don't have access to the parental account you will need to try to fill out the Microsoft Account Recovery form found here, or try to reset the password found here.

If you're unable to either of those things then you may be out of luck. You can try to contact phone support and see if they are able to assist you in some way, but I don't think they will be able to as you used false information on the parental e-mail.

Further information in regards to the new terms of service agreement update can be found here.

-

If you wish to change the parental e-mail, you will need to have access to the prior parental account first. Once you have access to that parental account you'd download it to your Xbox 360 console and go to Settings > Family and the parent will remove themselves as the child's guardian. When the child logs into Xbox LIVE again they are asked to enter in a new e-mail address for a parent before they are able to proceed.

P.S: Please do not post your personal e-mail information or any sort of reference numbers on public forums. Forum support agents are not able to assist with terms of service agreement issues directly. That stuff is all handled by phone support if they are able.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.