Issue with my Xbox 360 slim

So I installed Gears 2 to my hard drive.
And hey presto everything seems good.
Yesterday I received a message whilst playing Gears 2 that my disc was unreadable?
So I stopped playing but today it did the same thing.

I wasn't aware that this was a problem when the game was installed to my hard drive?

One note: My xbox fell onto it's side a few weeks back, it wasn't on at the time and there is no other problems with it.

What should I do?
Is it a problem with my console?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

[View:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NhALsgzR0M]

[quote user="SONIC SCREAM 07"]

[quote user="Spuudle"]

[quote user="A Website Troll"]

[quote user="Spuudle"]

It will be interesting to find out. Also, it could be that there is a scratch on the disk, on just the very bit your console needs to read? Maybe worth having a look?

[/quote]

I've checked there aren't any visible scratches, and the game works on starting up and playing, just like after an hour or two i get the message.

[/quote]

If it's already installed on the HDD, the HDD might be loose or faulty, as the disc won't spin except at start up. As Phillip said, try deleting it and try installing it again.

[/quote]

Yes, I suggested checking for a loose HDD. Ive had that problem once before.  Doesnt it read a small part of the disk, even though its on HDD?

[/quote]

Yeah, it reads when you boot the game up and when you go back to the dashboard. After it's booted up, it only reads it from the HDD.

[/quote]

Yeah, thats what I thought. Fair enough. You could just copy all your mates games straight to HDD I suppose if not, without purchasing anything, and play away.

If that is the case, how would i go about fixing it?

[/quote]

If it's the slim model, just take the HDD out and put it back in place. That should do it.

[/quote]

I'll be honest with you. I have no idea where the HDD is even located.

[/quote]

Is it the slim? If it is, then it should be at the bottom of the Xbox itself.

Here is a video if it helps you.

Its at the top where the little grills are; you should see a clip to flick up and the cover should come off.

[/quote]

If it's the slim model, just take the HDD out and put it back in place. That should do it.

[/quote]

I'll be honest with you. I have no idea where the HDD is even located.

[quote user="Spuudle"]

[quote user="Spuudle"]

It will be interesting to find out. Also, it could be that there is a scratch on the disk, on just the very bit your console needs to read? Maybe worth having a look?

[/quote]

I've checked there aren't any visible scratches, and the game works on starting up and playing, just like after an hour or two i get the message.

[/quote]

If it's already installed on the HDD, the HDD might be loose or faulty, as the disc won't spin except at start up. As Phillip said, try deleting it and try installing it again.

[/quote]

Yes, I suggested checking for a loose HDD. Ive had that problem once before.  Doesnt it read a small part of the disk, even though its on HDD?

[/quote]

Yeah, it reads when you boot the game up and when you go back to the dashboard. After it's booted up, it only reads it from the HDD.

[/quote]

[quote user="Spuudle"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Okay I'll try it. And i'll revive this if no progress is made. Cheers.