Issue with extreme console lag/loading

My girlfriend made an XBL account on my HDD. She has her own Xbox, so we wanted to transfer it over to her own HDD. Since we needed to transfer a saved game file, we simply moved the data to a 64MB memory card and then into the HDD.

The problem is after I moved the data to the memory card, there was a bunch of lag when moving it onto her HDD. It would take severral minutes just to load the list of memory options (HDD and MU), and several minutes just to sign the account into XBL. Now, whenever she signs into XBL, it takes several minutes to sign in, as oppose to the usual ~4 seconds. Once signed in, none of the images on the dashboard will load for advertisements and links because the console is behaving so slow. Loading anything, such as a game or accessing the Console Options will take several minutes. If a Title Update is needed for a game (even a small 4 MB one that takes a few seconds), the download will stay at 1% the whole time, time out, and kick us back to the dashboard. Everything is just unbelievably slow.

I've cleared the cache when loading the console, but that didn't seem to help anything.  I know for a fact that this is a local issue, and not an internet connection issue. This also happens on both hers and my Xbox. It seems to just be her account/HDD.

Can anyone offer ANY insight as to what is causing this, or any possible solutions?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

So to be sure, the issue is only with her account, correct? If you've been loading from the memory card this whole time, I recommend recovering her gamertag from Xbox LIVE. If this is not an option, I recommend moving her profile back onto the HDD and using a different memory device, such as a USB configured for use with Xbox 360.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.