Issue with audio (headset)

Started playing MW3 with a friend.  I noted that his voice volume seemed lower than usual, so I maxed the volume on my headset.  After about 5 minutes, his voice disappeared altogether.  I could see on the screen that he was talking, but I could not hear him.  I quit playing, turned off the xbox, and came back after 20 minutes.  Same issue; others could hear me fine but I could not hear them through headset.  I changed setting to TV and I could hear them through the TV.  Switched back to headset and got nada.  I bought a new headset thinking it was the issue; no change.  Tried different controllers (with either headset); no change. 

This occurred while I was in-game so it isn't an issue of me accidentally changing some setting.  NAT is open. 

So... Suggestions?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hey Broken,

Online gaming definitely isn't as fun when you can't hear your friends - I get that. You've taken a lot of great first troubleshooting steps. 
Strange that neither a new headset or a different controller seemed to help. I do have a couple of steps that I'd want you to either to check or try:

1. Check your voice preferences once more. Perhaps the game or voice volume sliders aren't properly configured?
  2. Can you clarify what kind of headset this is? Is this our standard first party wired headset? 
  3. Can you try using another profile? (Perhaps ask a friend to come over, recover their profile, and try the headset) 

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.