Issue with a USB drive

I have always used a USB drive for game saves because I didn't need any more than 16GB. Every once in a while, I'd plug the flash drive into my computer (MacBook Pro) and save the files, just in case something were to happen. I hadn't done it in over 5 months and I have upgraded to an Xbox Slim. Unfortunately, when I tried it today, my Xbox wouldn't recognize the USB drive when I put it back in the Xbox. It requires me to 'Configure now' every time I put it back in the Xbox.

I have tried everything to get the files back onto the Xbox. Does anybody know of some software or anything so that I can successfully add the data to and configure a USB drive so that it can be read by the Xbox? I have a folder called Xbox360 saved to my computer containing Data0000, Data0001... Data 0016. I am almost positive these are the data I need. I talked to an Xbox rep and she said that there have been security updates since I used to do this so maybe that is why there is now a problem.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Zach

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Thank you. I did not intend to want to violate the ToU. For others who see this, not quite an answer to my question but I didn't know about the download history which will be helpful.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Read above

Sorry this didn't help.

Any software used to extract those files besides the xbox itself would be a violation of the ToU. Using outside resources to move, alter or otherwise save files intended to be only on the xbox is what gets accounts banned. The reason why the files are named as such is for security measures to prevent piracy and tampering with profiles such as gamertags, avatars, gamerscore and tenure. My advise, just reformat the usb drive and redownload any material again under account mgmt and download history.

Sorry this didn't help.