Issue that seems to have baffled xbox.

My tiles won't show images and Amazon prime won't start.

Every other App works fine. I cannot set a background anymore (it's just black). I can't set a gamer pic anymore (also black). All tiles are solid green. 

Deleted all tiles and re-installed, no change. Factory reset the console, no change. Connected via Ethernet, no change. 

It's not my home network. It hasn't changed since I got the console at launch and this issue only started last week.

I have noticed that my wireless latency and DL speed on my laptop is much better than the wired latency and DL speed on the xbone.

Any ideas as tech can't help ( the have just asked me to factory reset and connect it via ethernet about 16 times)

Convenient that no one else appears to have this issue ever going by Xbox.

P.S. My 360 works perfectly upstairs wirelessly. 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 10 Applies to:

Try turning off your xbox one and unplugging the power for 30 seconds, then plugging it back on and turning it on.

DURP

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Tha Leatherface, 

Sorry you're having issues with your tiles and apps? Do you have BT Home Hub by chance? I've seen issues with that doing your exact issue. If you do, then open the home page on IE and one of the tabs should have a Home Hub web page. Login there, and you should be fixed. 

If you don't have that then it's more than likely something on your network blocking what the Xbox needs to connect properly. One test would be to use your smart phone as a hot spot. Enable that setting in your phone, connect your Xbox up, unplug the Xbox and plug it back in. Hopefully everything pops up. 

Let us know, and hope this helps!! 

MCP. MCDST. LVL 80

Sorry this didn't help.

Not to bombard you with potential solutions here, Leatherface, but I have one other question (okay, two questions.) First, are you in the preview program? If this is a recent development, it could be something in a recent preview build.

Also, do you have all of the necessary ports forwarded for Xbox Live communication? There are about seven different ports to forward, and each port deals with communication of a different type - multiplayer connectivity, dashboard functionality, social feeds and communications, etc. If those ports aren't forwarded, it is very possible that something may work for a while, and then when something changes on the infrastructure side, certain things can unexpectedly stop working as they are supposed to.

You mention that you have an Xbox 360 hooked up, are there times when the 360 and Xbox One are being used simultaneously? If so, you will want to check your router settings and make sure you have something called UPnP (universal plug and play) turned ON, because often two consoles will compete for the same port numbers. Usually this is a bigger issue when two consoles of the same TYPE (i.e. two 360s or two Xbox Ones) are being used, but SOME of the port numbers are shared between the One and 360.

Sorry this didn't help.