Issue adding a credit card?

I attempted to add a new credit card to my account using my console last night and kept getting a message about xbox "not having authorisation". The details were 100% correct. I tried again on the xbox live website. I select "manage payment options", "add new credit card" and am sent to a page telling me my session has expired. The same thing happens when I select "pay with paypal", although sometimes it just sends me back to the xbox.com homepage. The same things occur when I click "add points" and follow the prompts.

Is this an isolated issue? Is the problem on my end or Microsoft's?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

This problem could be on your banks end or on Microsoft's, I have not had this problem in the past however I do know that if there are lacks of funds in the bank account sometimes this may happen even with paypal, However if you know the funds are there you may want to check with your bank and see if they block any online paying. Some banks do not allow websites to access bank accounts for payment options and one way to fix this is to call the bank and speak with them.

I wish I could be of more help but this is the extent to my knowledge.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Have you tried to use a different card?

Ensured that you don't have parental lock on your xbox?

Sorry this didn't help.

I am having the exact same problem. Through a net search it seems many others have been having the same issue.

Sorry this didn't help.

Okkk help has arrived 1. Make sure you are using the correct billing address 2. from the console you may recieve a status code that starts wit a 801.....blah blah blahh...and ends with .64..... that means there may be a blalance on the acct ......or if it start with 801 and ends with 21 that means address incorrect if the code ends with 48............. that means that for some reason your bank doesnt like MS contact them make sure that they allow recurruing charges and online purchases hopefully all works well also try to add that cc on billing.microsoft.com/home.aspx

Sorry this didn't help.