Issue a friend of mine is having

Hello there, 

My friend cant post here and asked me to post for him. He knows his xbox live username (aka Email) but he doesn't know his password. Basically that means he can't access xbox or his hotmail. He tried the security question but it didn't work. He called Xbox/microsoft, He told them all his personal info: 1. His Name. 2. His Address. 3. His phone. 4. His email. 5. His gamertag. 6. Age 7. 3 different credit cards he had on the account, but that wasn't enough for them, what else would he need to find out in order to get his account back?

Everything he mentioned, checked out with them, it was 100% correct, but it wasn't enough. From my own personal view, shouldn't that be enough? I mean what else could you add, the credit cards are probably the most important thing there (not counting minor things like name age and address) 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 8 Applies to:

[quote user="SerpentSoldier"]

My friend ... knows his xbox live username (aka Email) but he doesn't know his password.

[/quote]

If he still knows his Live ID, has he tried the steps on http://www.xbox.com/forgot?

He tried the security question but it didn't work.

[/quote]

What do you mean by "didn't work"? Was there a technical issue that prevented him from answering the question, or did he forget the answer to the secret question, too?

He called Xbox/microsoft, He told them all his personal info: 1. His Name. 2. His Address. 3. His phone. 4. His email. 5. His gamertag. 6. Age 7. 3 different credit cards he had on the account, but that wasn't enough for them, what else would he need to find out in order to get his account back?

[/quote]

Well, THEY should ask him what further info they need. It's not like they ask him for the name, address and all that stuff, and then simply tell him "But that is not enough. Bye!".

They probably ask him for additional info, that he probably couldn't provide.

Since there were a lot of account hijacks and identity theft, the Live ID support is VERY cautious in giving out an account to someone who can't 100% verify that he is the owner of the account.

Everything he mentioned, checked out with them, it was 100% correct, but it wasn't enough. From my own personal view, shouldn't that be enough? I mean what else could you add, the credit cards are probably the most important thing there (not counting minor things like name age and address) 

[/quote]

Well, again: What did the Live Support wanted to know that your friend couldn't provide? It's not like they ask your friend "And what do you think we might need more? Guess what we want to know! Oh you don't know what we need to ask you? Ha! Bye!"

The support will ask. And your friend needs to answer. If the info your friend provided was not enough, he should ask the support what else they want to know to verify the ownership of his account.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Well, you won't be able to "ask support what else they want to know..." they will not tell you.  The burden of proof is on you...not them.  Right now, you are doing the only thing you can.  I went thru this myself a few years ago and it took me some 6 months and several of these email verification forms before I could answer all their questions.  And they never gave me any help answering the questions...the worst being (like you) they would not tell which questions I missed...all I ever got was: "your answers do no match our records" and that was it.  But the good news that I could try to fill out another form and I did for the next six months until I finally answered the questions.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.