isp requires web based log on

hello.

I recently deployed to afghanistan and shipped my xbox with me.  My delima is that the isp here requires you to log on through a web page before you connect. is there any way to connect an xbox to this kind of isp or am i out of luck?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Hi,

For this to work you would have to share the wireless (I presume) connection from your PC to your Xbox

Please look at one or both of these guides for help on this set-up:-

support.xbox.com/.../win-computer (Microsoft Official Guide)

www.unofficialguidetolive.co.uk/.../ics-bridging-guide (Unofficial Guide if you are still struggling)

Thanks

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

the issue is not that i cant connect my xbox to a network. its that the isp has pre-built wireless networks around the FOB that force a computer to a web page before you gain access to the internet. that web page has a login box and it only allows one device per customer on at a time. unfortunately the IE app on Xbox needs a connection to xbox live before it opens making connection to these networks seemingly impossible.  My question is if there is a way around this issue. also there are no other authorized isp's on the FOB that don't have this problem so im really hoping there is a way around this. any help is appreciated!

Sorry this didn't help.

No I understand your issue, the Xbox cannot use that web based login, therefore if you carry out that part of the connection on your PC and share your connection it should work

Sorry this didn't help.